QuickBooks error 12152 is a common error that you can face while updating the QuickBooks software on your system. This error usually comes across when you have not configured the internet settings properly or there is an issue with the internet connection. When you face the QuickBooks error 12152, the QuickBooks become incapable of connecting to the server and leads to incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software. We can not justify the occurrence of QuickBooks error 12152 due to one reason, there can be numerous reasons which we have enumerated in the other section of the article. In this article, we have discussed how you can easily fix the QuickBooks error 12152. What steps you should follow to fix the QuickBooks error 12152 are mentioned in detail so that you can easily fix the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 12152?
QuickBooks error 12152 generally occurs when you are trying to update payroll but due to some reasons, you are not able to do so. This error generally occurs due to a bad internet connection. While facing this error, you will see “Error 12152: QuickBooks encountered a problem. Please try to update again” on your computer screen. To fix this, you can try connecting to a better and stronger internet.
Causes of the Quickbooks Error 12152
As we have discussed, there are numerous causes due to which you can face the Quickbooks error 12152. We have some of the common reasons below.
- In case you are operating an old version of the Quickbooks application, you can face the Quickbooks error 12152.
- Other than that, if Quickbooks is not able to read your software license data.
- Next, you can also face the Quickbooks error if you have removed any important documents from your system.
- The next common reason can be the issues with the installation of Quickbooks software.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 12152
You need to first identify the symptoms of the QuickBooks error 12152. Understanding the symptoms will help you in resolving the error. Follow this list.
- You can’t click on any tab or button.
- The QuickBooks software responds slowly.
- Your Windows OS crashes suddenly.
- The screen shuts down frequently.
Read more:- How to Resolve Quickbooks error 6150 and 1006?
Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Error 12152
Below we have listed all the possible methods that you can use to resolve the Quickbooks error 12152.
Set the Date and Time
One solution that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error 12152 is to check if the time and date of the system is correct or not.
- You are needed to click on the right side at the bottom of your screen.
- You will see the time and date written there. You are needed to click on that.
- After that, you are needed to change the date and time of the system to the exact time and date.
- Once you have done that, you are needed to restart your system.
Reinstall the Quickbooks
The next method that you can use is to uninstall and then Install Quickbooks Desktop on your system. Follow the steps mentioned.
- First, you are needed to uninstall the QuickBooks from your system. You are needed to go to the control panel on your system.
- After that, you will have to click on the Quickbooks application and then choose the option to uninstall it.
- Next, you will have to download the Quickbooks software.
- Next, you will be needed to install it on your system.
- You are then required to click on the option to scan the software.
- After this, you will have to click on the repair all option and after that verify if you still get the same error.
Make Changes to the Internet Settings
The next solution is to make the changes in the internet settings. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are required to click on the start option.
- After that, you will have to go to the control panel and then click on the internet option.
- Now, in the next prompt, you will have to click on the advanced settings option.
- Next, you will be needed to click on the advance reset.
- Once you have done that, you will be needed to verify if the error is still there.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1712
Restore the System
The next solution in the list is to restore the system from the restore point. Follow the steps mentioned.
- Initially, you are needed to log in to your system as an admin.
- After that, you will have to click on the start icon and then go to the all programs option.
- After that, you will have to click on the system restore option.
- It will then redirect you to a new prompt. You are then needed to click on the option to restore the system.
- After that, you are needed to click on the Next option.
- Once done, you are needed to select an option for the latest restore point and then click on the Next option.
- Finally, you are needed to reboot your system.
Employ the Registry Editor
The next solution is to use the registry editor. Follow the steps mentioned.
- First, you are required to open the command prompt on your system.
- Now, you will have to type Regedit and then press the enter button.
- Now in the registry editor, you are needed to choose the relevant key related to the Quickbooks error 12152.
- Next, you are needed to click on the Export option.
- After that, you are needed to save the backup key to any folder which is easily accessible to you.
- Next, you will be required to type the name of the folder.
- Once done, you are required to make sure that you have chosen the option for the selected branch.
- Next, you are required to save the file using the .reg extension.
Read more:- How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks event log error 4?
We hope that all the methods that we have explained will assist you in fixing the QuickBooks error 12152. We believe that if you follow the steps we have discussed, you can easily fix the QuickBooks error. If you still feel that you need help with resolving the issues related to the QuickBooks software, you can call us on our toll-free number. Our experts will guide you to get rid of the issues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix error 15271 in QuickBooks?
Here are some of the solutions to fix the error 15271 in QuickBooks.
- a) Update to the latest release of QuickBooks Desktop.
- b) Clean Your Systems Junk Files.
- c) Change the System Registry.
Q2. What is error 15262 in the QuickBooks update?
While updating QuickBooks, some people face the error 15262. This error occurs when you are trying to update QuickBooks but QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS) is inactive.
Q3. What is error 15215 in QB?
This error generally occurs when you use a digital signature to make payments but QuickBooks is not able to verify the current digital signature.