QuickBooks application is adopted by a lot of companies to make it easier for them to manage their accounting activities. While using QuickBooks, users can face some of the errors that can disrupt the smooth working of the QuickBooks software. QuickBooks 1712 error is one such error that you can encounter when you are trying to install the QuickBooks application on your system. You can encounter this error if the operating system on your computer gets flawed or corrupted. There can also be many different reasons for encountering the QuickBooks error 1712 like the components of the Microsoft are damaged on your system. In this article, we have discussed in detail the different methods to fix the QuickBooks error 1712. The reasons that trigger the QuickBooks error 1712 are also mentioned in the article. This error comes with this notification message:
Possible Reasons for QuickBooks Error 1712
Before proceeding to solve the QuickBooks error 1712, it is mandatory to know what causes the error 1712 in QuickBooks. Below is the list of all the possible causes that can lead to the QuickBooks error 1712.
- The most trivial reason is the damaged or corrupted data file in the QuickBooks software.
- You can also encounter this error if you have made any modifications to the software in the system.
- The other most common reason is that you are installing the QuickBooks to a folder that is previously flawed or corrupted.
- If your computer is affected by the virus or any malware activity.
- In case the registry file of your system gets damaged, you can encounter the error.
Methods to Quick fix the QuickBooks Error 1712
Read the methods discussed below carefully and perform the steps as they are mentioned to fix the QuickBooks 1712 error in no time. If one of the methods doesn’t work for you, you can switch to the other method.
Quickly Fix the Error Using the Tool Hub
The first method is to use the Quick fix feature in the QuickBooks tool hub to rectify the QuickBooks error 1712. Pursue the process discussed:
- The very first thing is to ensure that you have closed the QuickBooks program on your system.
- Once you have done this, now you will need to download and install the tool hub from the website. First, download the tool hub folder and then save it to the desktop on your system.
- After this, open the folder and then look for the .exe file. Click on the .exe file and then it will open up the installation window.
- After this, you will have to carry out all the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the installation process.
- Once it is completed, you will have to open the tool by clicking the icon.
- You will now be provided with certain options on the left side of the screen and you are required to choose for the program problem.
- when clicked, you will see an option to quick fix the program, you will have to click on it.
- Once done, you will have to wait till it fixes the program, and then you need to install the QuickBooks again.
Terminate the Processes
The next solution is to terminate the processes using the task manager. Pursue the process discussed.
- The initial step is to press the ctrl key, alt key, and delete key together.
- Next, You will be needed to click on the QuickBooks software and then go to the end process option.
- After this, you will have to forcibly end all the processes in the QuickBooks software using the task manager.
- Once done, you will be required to restart your system and then check again if all the processes are ended or not.
Change the Path of the Application in the Registry
The next method is to change the path of the QuickBooks application in the registry of Windows. Purse the steps discussed.
- Initially, you are needed to tap on the start icon on the screen and then find the registry file with the name regedit.exe.
- Once you have found it, you are required to find the explorer user shell folder.
- Now, you will have to click on the option for entry app data.
- Now, you will have to change the value of the path written there with the value of the local path.
- Once done, you will have to close it and start your system again.
Employ QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If none of the above-mentioned methods works for you, you are needed to install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your system. Pursue the steps discussed.
- First, you will have to go to the website of Intuit and from there you will have to download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- After that you have downloaded it, you are needed to install the tool on your system.
- Once installed, now open the software.
- You will see an option for the installation problems. You are needed to look for an option that indicates “I am having problems installing QuickBooks”.
- You are then needed to click on it.
- Once you have clicked on it, it will then start the repairing process.
- Once the process completes, you will have to restart your system and check if the error persists.
This was the list of all the ways that you can use to fix the QuickBooks error 1712. In case if you are not able to resolve the error with the help of the solutions provided in this article, you can call our support team for better assistance and quick solutions for error 1712.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – Do I have to check for the windows and QuickBooks compatibility to fix QuickBooks error 1712?
Answer – Yes, you have to check for the windows & QB compatibility to resolve QB error 1712.
Q.2 – What is the best option for firewall and antivirus; to disable it or allow QuickBooks access in it to resolve QuickBooks error 1712?
Answer – The best option is to allow the QB access in it to fix the QB error 1712. Once you get the access, you don’t have to worry about any errors.
Q.3 – How to uninstall the QuickBooks desktop to reinstall it again for resolving QuickBooks Error 1712?
Answer – Steps to Uninstall QB
- Access control panel.
- Click on Programs & Features under the Program tab.
- Select QB and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to finish the uninstallation process.
- Lastly, tap on Finish.
Q.4 – Does QuickBooks error 1712 also cause due to firewall or antivirus installed in the system?
Answer – Yes, QB error 1712 also occurs because of the firewall or antivirus installed in your system.
Q.5 – Is QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool resolving Quickbooks error 1712?
Answer – Yes, QB install Diagnostic Tool can fix the QB error 1712.