QuickBooks crash com error is one of the critical errors that you can face while using the Quickbooks software. In case, you are facing a Crash com error QuickBooks, you will have to click on the ok option and then try to resolve the error. This Quickbooks error can provide damage to your system as well as the Quickbooks software. Most people face this Quickbooks com error crash if a user is trying to send, open, or perform any other operation on the transactions. One of the most common causes of the crash com error in QuickBooks is that the Quickbooks is unable to sync with the components of your system or the operating system.
In this article, we are going to talk about how you can easily resolve the QuickBooks crash com error in simple ways. A stepwise process for each method has been mentioned in the article. In case you still need to contact the technical experts, we are here to help you with the same.
When can you Face QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
The user can face the QuickBooks com error crash during the following events listed below:
- While accessing the report.
- At the time of opening the check register.
- When attaching any file.
- Emailing and opening invoices can also lead to the issue.
- Trying to save some changes.
Reasons That Bring QuickBooks Crash Com Error
Several causes and reasons are responsible for QuickBooks crash com error. You can get pointers below to know them:
- QuickBooks accounting application is not installed properly.
- Firewall and antivirus bring hindrances while QB desktop tries to synchronize.
- The communication fails with Windows and other Components.
- Missing QB files.
- Presence of any malware and virus infection.
- Corruption within the MS and Windows components.
- QB-related files are deleted.
- QuickBooks and Windows components are missing.
Read more - How to setup & Install QuickBooks web connecter?
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error
Here is a list of all possible methods that you can use to solve the QuickBooks crash com error on your own. Follow the stepwise procedure as mentioned with every method:
Set Your Updated Outlook as a Default
The first solution that we recommend is that you will have to check if Outlook is up to date or not. If not, you are required to update and then see the outlook account as your default email account. Follow to steps listed below:
- The first step is to go to the outlook option and then go to the file option.
- Now, you will see an option to update your outlook in the office account section.
- After this, you will have to update the outlook on your software and wait until it completes.
- Next, go to the control panel on your system and then set the default programs for yourself.
- In the list of all programs, you will have to look for the outlook option and then set it as your default.
- Save the settings.
Add Email Account
The next recommended solution is to add an email account to your outlook. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- The first step is to go to outlook and then go on the file option.
- After that, you will be needed to go to the option to add an account.
- Next, enter the email address to which you want to connect to make sure you type the correct email address.
- Once done, you will be required to connect to the account and wait until the outlook is making a connection with the default settings.
- The next thing is that you will have to enter your password.
- Lastly, make sure all the credentials are correct and save the settings.
Read more - How to fix QuickBooks unable to send email error?
Change the Email Settings
The next recommended solution is to switch the settings of the email to another account or the application. Follow the steps mentioned:
- First, you are required to go to the setup of your email and then go to the profile option.
- Next, you will have to change the account which is already set to another account and then switch it back to be used account.
- Once you are done with it, save your settings and close the window.
- Check if the crash com quickbooks error remains.
Make a new Outlook Profile
The next solution that we have come up with is to make a new profile for the outlook. To do so, follow the steps:
- The first step is to shut down the outlook.
- After this, you will be required to go to the control panel and then go to the mail option.
- Next, you will be required to set up a profile by going to the insert option.
- Next, you will be required to enter your credentials and then save the details.
- After this, you will have to add the profile to the email address and click on the option to use it as your default profile.
- Save the settings.
Run Quickbooks in the Compatible Mode
The last recommended solution is to run the Quickbooks in compatible mode. Follow the steps:
- The first step is to go to the properties of the Quickbooks software.
- There you will see an option to run the software in the compatible mode.
- After this, you will get a menu and choose the windows 7 option.
- Next, you will be needed to run the test and make sure you choose the option for the administrator.
- Lastly, click on the option to start the process and wait until it ends.
Adding new Windows Admin User
To resolve the crash com error in QuickBooks software, you need to add a new window user as an admin. Here are the steps to do so:
- First and foremost, you have to go to the start button.
- Then, type settings and press enter.
- Now, click once on the account options.
- After that, click on the family and other users tab.
- Once done, click on the “Add someone else to this PC” choice.
- Next, give the login credentials, and permit the admin rights.
- Once you are complete by signing in, click on finish options.
- To end with, start the QBs software again.
Update QuickBooks with the latest release
Updating the QBs to their latest version is the basic method to resolve any kind of error in QuickBooks. Most of the error occurs in the QuickBooks because of using outdated versions of the QBs software. To get rid of the QuickBooks crash com error, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, locate the help menu and click on update QuickBooks.
- Second, tap on the option Update Now.
- Tick the checkbox, and tap on the Get updates option.
- Once the updating process is completed, restart your QBs software.
All the troubleshooting methods have been discussed for the QuickBooks crash com error and we assume that following these methods will help you in resolving the error. If you are seeking any technical guidance, you can contact our QuickBooks support and they will guide you. We are available for you 24×7 and try to provide you with instant resolution.