QuickBooks error 6073 is another very common error that you can face while opening a file in the QuickBooks software. Whenever you try to open a file having a .qbe extension, you can face the error. It is generally associated with opening files in the multi-user mode and belongs to the error family 6000. You will always get a message indicating that QuickBooks is not able to open the file. There are chances that you can get the file in the read mode in the network folder. There can be various reasons that the QuickBooks error 6073 can occur, out of which some we have enumerated. In this article, we have discussed the causes and the fixes of the QuickBooks error 6073. We have mentioned all the methods in detail.
Reasons leading to QuickBooks error 6073
Some of the reasons associated with the occurrence of the error 6073 have been listed below.
- In case your file is being used on any other system in the multi-user mode, you can face the error.
- If your company file is stored in the read-only folder counters error 6073.
- The other common reason leading to the QuickBooks error can be that you are using different details to log in to your account
- You can also encounter the error 6073 if you are operating the file in the remote mode and on the host system the file is still opened.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6073
All the methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 6073 have been enumerated below along with the detailed procedure. You can apply any of the methods to resolve the issue and can switch to the other if one didn’t work.
Using the file doctor tool
The file doctor tool is one of the best tools provided by QuickBooks and can solve almost every error that you will encounter while working with the QuickBooks files. Read below to know how to resolve QuickBooks error 6073 using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- First, you need to download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub on your system and then click on it to install it.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are needed to proceed with the installation process. After this, pursue the action of course according to the instructions appearing on your screen.
- Once the process is completed, you will have to start the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, you will have to click on the company issue option.
- Next, you will have to select the QuickBooks file doctor tool from the list and then proceed.
- Now, you will have to search for the file which you want to repair and then click on the option to repair it.
Hidden network and transaction files
You can also encounter the QuickBooks error 6073 if the network and the transaction file. Follow the steps to resolve the error.
- The very first step is to go to my computer and then click on the tools option. After this, you will have to click on the folder option.
- Next, in the view option, you will have to click on the option to show hidden files.
- Now, you will have to find the network and transaction files.
- After this, you will have to go to the properties section and then click on the delete hidden option.
Manually fix the QuickBooks error 6073
You can fix the QuickBooks error 6073 manually. To resolve the error, follow the steps below.
Follow the below-mentioned file is opened in another system in single-user mode
- First, you will have to go to the QuickBooks file menu and then go to the utility option on your host computer.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks is not opened in any other system.
- After this, in your host system, you are required to access the file in multi-user mode. Where you can find Quickbooks multi-user mode not opening.
If you are operating the file in the host system but the single-user mode
- First, you are needed to go to the File option and then close the company.
- Next, you will have to open the file again.
- After this, you will have to choose the file that you want to open, and then from the utility option, switch to the multi-user mode.
If you have stored the company file in the network folder
- On your host computer, you are needed to go to the folder in which your company file is present.
- Now, you will have to go to the properties option and then click on the security option.
- After this choose the option for login issues and then proceed.
- Save the settings by clicking on the button “OK”.
If you are accessing the file remotely
- First, you have to go to the task manager and then see all the processes that are running on the system.
- In case you find any process that you are operating with the same user id.
- After this, if you found any, reboot your system.
- You can also use the QuickBooks tool hub to eradicate the issue.
- You are needed to open the tool hub and then click on the option to Quick fix the problem.
- Once done, restart the system and the QuickBooks software.
The QuickBooks error can sometimes be very frustrating to solve. It does have some tedious ways to solve it but it is easily recoverable. We hope that the methods which we have listed will help you to tackle the QuickBooks error 6073. You can also call us if you are seeking any technical advice related to the QuickBooks software.