Call us for instant help – We are available 24*7
When you pay invoices, clients, or associates with QuickBooks, there is a chance that you make mistakes while void check in QuickBooks, like entering the incorrect amount on a cheque, etc. In these cases, you can utilize QuickBooks to cancel any check before completing the transaction or void a check in QuickBooks.
The void check remains in the QuickBooks registry. However, the amount of the Check is changed to zero. Your Check’s id, payee, and date remain as voided transactional records in the registry. This guide will help you understand how to void a check in QuickBooks Desktop and Online versions.
There are a few situations in which you should void a check-in QuickBooks, such as:
Below, we will discuss the steps in detail on how to void a check in QuickBooks and its basic overview. Also, before getting into it you must know all the QuickBooks Errors for a better understanding of the kinds of faults occur in the QuickBooks.
If you’ve ever printed a check-in QuickBooks and then decided you didn’t want to use it, you may have voided the check. Voiding a check-in QuickBooks is a way to cancel it so that it can’t be used. When you void a check in QuickBooks, the software makes a note of the void and prevents the check from being used. You can void a check in QuickBooks by going to the “Banking” menu and selecting “Void Check.”
It’s important to note that voided checks are different from deleted checks. When you delete a check in QuickBooks, it’s permanently removed from the software and can’t be recovered. Voided checks, on the other hand, can be seen in the software and are typically used for record-keeping purposes.
If you have to void checks in QuickBooks Online, you can quickly determine if the Check is presented again for transactions. Also, it is crucial to detect the issue quickly to secure your account against fraudulent transactions.
Now let’s learn how to void a check in QuickBooks online and on Desktop in detail.
Go through the next steps to void Check in QuickBooks Desktop and Online:
Also Read : QuickBooks File Doctor - Fix Company File & Network Errors
It’s simple to void checks in QuickBooks Online. In addition, voiding checks ensure that your profit and loss report and the Check Register are up to date. But if you are using QuickBooks Online’s account payable functions properly, your A/P accounts are always correct and accurate.
1. Find the Check you wish to void. The easiest method to do this is by visiting your Check Register. Then navigate to the dashboard. You can choose to (a) select Banking on the left or (b) go to the Bank Account on the right.
2. Tap on the Check line under the Register option, then tap on the Edit button.
3. Go to More in the lower right corner of the screen, and then choose Void.
4. Select the “Yes ” button in the dialogue box. The message informs you that you used the money to cover a bill. After you tap on “Yes”, the Check will be voided, and the bill will be updated in your A/P reports.
5. Hit “OK” to confirm
6. Now review the Check Register. Now, the Check is void, and the amount is $0.
Also Read- How to Undo reconciliation in Quickbooks?
QuickBooks is popular accounting software used by small businesses. One feature of QuickBooks is the ability to write void checks. This can be useful if you need to cancel a check for any reason. Here are the detailed steps for how to write a void check in QuickBooks:
1. Open QuickBooks and go to the ‘Banking’ menu.
2. Select ‘Write Checks’.
3. Enter the check number of the check you want to void in the ‘Check Number’ field.
4. In the ‘Payee’ field, enter ‘VOID’.
5. Enter the amount of the check in the ‘Amount’ field. Make sure this amount matches the original check exactly.
6. Leave the ‘Date’ field blank.
7. In the ‘Account’ field, select the account that the check was originally written.
8. Click on ‘Save & Close’.
You have now voided the check in QuickBooks. This check will not be processed when you run your next bank reconciliation. If you need to print a copy of the voided check for your records, you can do so by going to the ‘Reports’ menu and selecting ‘Checks & Payments’. From here, you can print or export a list of all voided checks.
Voiding a payroll check in QuickBooks Desktop is simple and only takes a few steps. First, open up the check register and locate the check you wish to void. Next, select “Edit” from the top menu bar and then choose “Void Check” from the drop-down menu.
A dialogue box will appear on the screen asking you to confirm that this is the correct check you wish to void. Once you select “OK,” a copy of the voided check will be printed or saved for your records. Finally, close QuickBooks, and you’re all done!
In this article, we have walked you through the process of voiding a check-in QuickBooks. This is an important task that can help you keep your finances organized and accurate. We hope you found this information helpful and easy to follow. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team.