Many Quickbooks users might want to convert Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online because of the better accessibility and time-saving in Quickbooks. But, the fact is that it can be a critical process to convert Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with this technical blog on what problems a user can face while converting Quickbooks desktop to online and how to fix these errors. A list of problems in converting Quickbooks desktop to online is mentioned with their fixes in detail. Read the article carefully and till the end.
Important Points to Remember before converting Quickbooks desktop to online
Here is the list of points that you need to keep in mind at the time of converting Quickbooks desktop to online
- The very first step is to make sure that you create a backup of your files so that you can save your files from losing.
- The other thing is to make sure that you process the conversion within the starting of the of your Online company account.
- Next, you are needed to maintain the transaction on both the desktop version and the online version.
- Next, you are needed to know the limit of the import data and then only choose the data that you want to import.
- You are needed to make sure that you log in as admin on both desktop and the online.
Types of Problems in Converting Quickbooks Desktop to online
Below is the list of problems in converting Quickbooks desktop to online and steps to fix them. Follow the steps carefully and perform the steps in order as they are mentioned.
Cannot connect to database
The first error in the list is when the Quickbooks is not able to connect to the database. You can get rid of this error by following the mentioned steps.
- First, you will have to open the run window and then go to the control panel on your system.
- After that, you are select to click on the view option and then select the small icon option.
- You will see a user account options click on the same.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to manage accounts and make sure that you are using the system as an admin.
The file is a too big error
The next error that we have listed is the file too big error that a user can simply fix. You are needed to press the key F2 on your keyboard and then tap on ctrl and 1 key together. It will then lead you to the product information prompt. Now, you will have to check the size of the file and make sure that file size should not exceed the maximum size.
Error with checking company import eligibility
The next common error is that you encounter with checking the company import eligibility. You can encounter this error if there is an error with your online payroll services or if you are not using the system as an admin you are needed to make sure the things mentioned below before converting.
- First, you are needed to have the admin permission to perform the export option.
- Next, you need to sign in to the company before you are importing.
- Lastly, if even after performing the above two steps, you are recommended to create a new account for online Quickbooks.
Cannot export data
Another problem in Quickbooks desktop to online is that it is not able to export data. This error occurs when you are trying to export the data in the multi-user mode. Follow the steps to get rid of the error.
- The initial step is to again open the product information prompt by pressing the F2 key followed by the Ctrl key and 1 keys together. If you are getting product information invalid error, correct it by carrying out some basic steps.
- Next, you are needed to make sure that the size of the file doesn’t exceed the maximum size.
- Next, you will have to copy the file to your C drive and then open the Quickbooks software.
- Open your company file in the Quickbooks desktop version and then from the file menu, you are needed to switch to the single-user mode.
- Lastly, you will have to again export the file by clicking on the file option, then on utility option and then on export to the online option.
Export QBDT to QBO Error
The last problem in Quickbooks desktop to online is the QBDT to QBO error that can occur if the path of the file consists of more than four folders in it. Get rid of the error in simple steps.
- Initially, press the F2 key and ctrl key and 1 key together. It will then redirect you to the product information prompt.
- Now, you will have to check the path of the file.
- After this, you will have to turn off the Quickbooks desktop.
- Next, you will have to copy the file to the C Drive.
- Next, start the Quickbooks desktop and click on the option to restore the file.
- Lastly, you will have to open the file from where you have recently saved it and attempt to import it again.
This was all about problems in Quickbooks desktop to online. We hope you will now be able to resolve all the issues that you might face while converting Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. If you are facing any error that is not mentioned or stuck while resolving the mentioned errors, you are free to contact our experts.