QuickBooks Error c-343 is a file-related error. This error indicates that QuickBooks is not able to access the company file that you want it to. You can usually face this error when you have not updated the QuickBooks version. Sometimes it can be a lengthy process to fix the QuickBooks error c 343 and can be difficult for some users to get rid of the error.
In this article, we are going to discuss why you encounter QuickBooks error code c=343 and how to resolve QuickBooks c-343 error. We have mentioned the methods in detail and have tried our best to assist you. Moreover, if you feel like talking to our customer support, you can call our customer support team.
What is QuickBooks Error c343?
While using QuickBooks accounting software, sometimes you might see the error C343. This error generally occurs when you are trying to access any company file and the file is not executable at the moment. In order to fix this issue, you can download and install the QuickBooks tool hub. After this, you will need to run the diagnostic tool from the tool hub. This will help you diagnose the problem and then fix it. The tool hub is a simple solution for almost all QuickBooks problems and errors.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error c-343
Here is a list of all the reasons that can lead to the QuickBooks error c-343. Read the list properly to know the cause and avoid any such situation in the future.
- The c 343 error QuickBooks occurs due to the damaged file.
- You can also encounter this error if the file you are looking for is missing from the system.
- You can face the error if the file you are looking for is not registered.
- If you have not updated the QuickBooks version, you can face the QuickBooks c=343 error.
- Lastly, one of the common reasons is that the .dll files are not present in the system or are corrupted.
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error c-343
After knowing the causes, you must know how you can fix the QuickBooks error c-343 easily. We have listed all the possible methods.
The first solution in the list is to update the QuickBooks software on your system. Follow the steps mentioned to update QuickBooks.
- First, you are required to click on the help menu on the QuickBooks homepage.
- After this, you will be needed to download the update by clicking on the get update option.
- Once done, you are needed to install the update that you have downloaded.
- Lastly, you will be needed to restart your system and then start QuickBooks.
Save MSXML.dll File
QuickBooks Error c-343 can be caused due to the damaged .dll files. Therefore, you are needed to save the files to fix the QuickBooks error c=343.
For the 32-bit Framework
- First, you will be needed to run a window on the system.
- After this, you need to search regsvr32MSXMl.dll and then hit the enter key.
- After this, you will have to get a prompt on the screen indicating that you have successfully registered.
- Last, you will be needed to restart your system.
For 64-bit System
- First, you are required to open the run window on the system.
- After this, you are required to enter cmd in the search box and open up the command prompt.
- Once done, you will have to type CD-Windows-64 bit and then press the enter key.
- Now, you are needed to type the regsvr32MSXMl3.dll and then press the enter key.
- Now, you will see that bother the files are registered and then you will be needed to restart your system.
Reinstall the MSXML.dll File
The next way to get rid of the QuickBooks error c-343 is to first uninstall and then reinstall the MSXML.dll file on your system. Follow the steps mentioned.
- First, you are needed to go to the download page and then find the MSXML files.
- Now, you will be needed to download all the files.
- Now, you will be needed to install the files on your system and follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
- After this, you will be needed to restart the QuickBooks software.
Install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The next solution in the list is to install the QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool on your system. Follow the steps to download the install tool.
- From the official website of QuickBooks, you are required to download the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- After this, you are needed to save the file wherever it is easily accessible.
- Now, you will be needed to run the tool. Make sure that no other program is running in the background.
- After that, the tool will start the diagnosis of the issue that you are facing with the QuickBooks software.
- It will then repair the issue that you are facing with the QuickBooks application.
- lastly, you will have to run the QuickBooks software.
Use QuickBooks in Safe Mode
The other solution in the list is to use the QuickBooks application in safe mode. Follow the steps mentioned.
- First, you are needed to click on the QuickBooks icon and make sure that you hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the icon.
- After this, you will be needed to open the QuickBooks application in a protected mode.
- After that, you will be needed to select the file that you want to open.
- Last, you will have to click on the option to open the file.
Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
In case you are still facing the QuickBooks error c-343 then, you should use the clean install tool to fix the error code c=343. But before applying the clean install method, you need to keep a backup of your data to prevent any kind of data loss. Now, you are ready to launch the tool to troubleshoot the error. Here are the steps you need to follow as listed.
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks
Here are the steps of uninstalling QuickBooks. Let’s go through the steps.
- First of all, access the Control Panel.
- Second, locate the programs & features tab, and click on it.
- Then, select the QBs from the list, and click on the uninstall option.
- Lastly, follow the instructions as displayed on the screen to complete the procedure of uninstallation.
Step 2: Rename Installation Folders
Follow the below-listed steps to change the name of installation folders using the clean install tool.
- Initially, download & install the QBs clean install tool.
- Then, open the downloaded file Quickbookscleaninstall.exe.
- Click on the “I accept” option and choose QBs desktop version.
- After that, hit the option Continue to proceed further.
- Now, click OK if your system gets the message that says “QuickBooks is ready to do a clean install”.
- Next, rename the installation folders manually.
- Lastly, install the QBs again from the official website.
Read more - How to Fix QuickBooks error 41?
Hopefully, all the methods that we have explained will help you to get rid of the QuickBooks error c=343. We have tried to explain all the methods in detail so that you can easily follow the steps to fix the QuickBooks error c-343. Moreover, if you feel like you want guidance to resolve the error, you must consider calling our expert team. Our team will provide you with accurate and early fixes for the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – How to resolve QuickBooks c-343 error quickly?
To fix QuickBooks c-343 error, use QuickBooks in safe mode. This will allow you to access your data without running any programs that could potentially cause conflicts.
Another method is to uninstall and reinstall the MSXML.dll files. This will ensure that you have the latest version of the file, which may fix the problem.
If these methods do not resolve the issue, you can try using the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool. This tool will scan your system for problems and help you fix them automatically.
You can update QuickBooks to the latest release. This should resolve any compatibility issues that may be causing the error.
Q.2 – How to open QuickBooks in safe mode?
Steps to Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode
- Restart your computer.
- While restarting, hold the F8 key continuously.
- It will take you to the Advanced menu option on your computer.
- Navigate to the Networking menu.
- Tap on the Safe mode option from the list.
Q.3 – How much time does it take to upgrade QuickBooks?
The amount of time needed will depend on the size and complexity of your QuickBooks data file, as well as the number of customizations you have made to your QuickBooks installation. However, most users can expect to spend at least a few hours upgrading their QuickBooks data file. If you have a large or complex data file, or if you have made significant customizations to your QuickBooks installation, it may take longer.