If you are getting QuickBooks Error Code 7149, it means that there is not enough space on your computer to save the file. This can be a frustrating error to deal with, but fortunately, there are some quick and easy solutions that can help you resolve the issue. In this blog, we will discuss some of the most common ways to fix QuickBooks Error Code 7149. We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to complete each solution. So, if you are having trouble saving your QuickBooks files due to this error code, be sure to read on for helpful tips!
What is QuickBooks Error Code 7149?
Run-time errors include QuickBooks Error 7149 which occurs when there is less space available on your computer. Corrupt software files and registry mistakes could be the cause. Every time a user starts QuickBooks, their computer shuts down and displays the following error message: “Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to shut. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 7149
We will now discuss the causes of QuickBooks Error Code 7149. Below is a list of potential reasons why QuickBooks Error 7149 might occur:
- QuickBooks is viewed as malicious software by antivirus.
- Partial or damaged installation of QBs software.
- Your Windows Registry is corrupted or damaged.
- A virus or malware has infected the PC.
Read More - What is Trial Balance in QuickBooks?
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 7149
When you choose to dismiss an error and the damage it creates, that error is deadly. It’s important to remember that QuickBooks error 7149 is only harmless if you fix it straight away. If left unattended, it may have negative effects. These include:
- Your PC starts hanging or freezing often.
- QuickBooks Error Code 7149 is appearing on your window.
- It is likely that you will get this error if a running application crashes frequently.
- The PC will begin to react to inputs slowly.
Fixing Methods of QuickBooks Error Code 7149
You are ready to fix QuickBooks Error Code 7149 now as you know what it is and everything else related to it. Let’s go right to the techniques for fixing QuickBooks error 7149.
Method 1: Clear Virus/Malware From PC
The system’s antivirus program has the function of removing any malware or viruses that might have possibly affected it and caused QuickBooks Error 7149. Follow the steps to remove it:
- Go to Windows Security settings.
- Choose Virus and threat protection then click on Scan options.
- Tap on Windows Defender Offline scan, and choose Scan now.
Read More - What is QuickBooks Online Test Drive?
Method 2: Turn Off “Antivirus Software”
Antivirus software removes any type of virus from your system or PC. But, it can create an issue, so you need to disable it by looking at the instructions given below:
- Tap on programs that are installed on your computer and select the Antivirus option.
- Then hit the Disable menu and restart QuickBooks.
- If you want to avoid problems then use Safe Mode.
Method 3: Repair Window Registry Files
A personal computer’s hardware, software, and preferences are all represented in the Windows Registry, which is a database. The procedure is given below:
- Click on the Start option and select Run.
- Now, write Regedit and press Enter.
- After that look for installed apps and remove their individual keys.
- Choose HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then select Software.
- Find and delete the keys related to the names of uninstalled apps.
- You need to remove duplicate keys by looking at the steps:
- A Find text bar will appear when you press the Ctrl and F keys together.
- Hit the Enter key as you begin to type the application’s name. A key will be highlighted if it matches the text being searched.
- Remove highlighted Key.
Read More - How to Fix QuickBooks .Net Framework Error?
Method 4: Restore or Reinstall QBs
You can fix QuickBooks error 7149 by restoring and reinstalling QBs software. For that you need to read below:
You should try reinstalling the QuickBooks software if the repair procedure did not work to resolve the QuickBooks error 7149.
- Type Control Panel into the text field of the Windows Start button to launch it.
- Select Add or Remove Programs from the menu.
- Press the Repair key and use the system’s on-screen prompts to finish the procedure.
- Follow the identical instructions as above, and when the Repair option appears, select Uninstall.
- You can follow the on-screen directions to proceed.
- Last but not least, reinstall QuickBooks using the CD or a web browser.
QuickBooks error code 7149 is a common issue that can be resolved easily by following the methods given in this post. If you are still having trouble, you can contact QuickBooks customer support for assistance. Have you encountered this error before? How did you resolve it?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I use QuickBooks Online for free?
Answer – You can install a 30 days trial version of QBs online for free.
Q2. How do I fix error code 7149 in QuickBooks?
- Fix the Windows Registry Key.
- Turn Off Antivirus Software.
- Reinstall or Repair QBs.
- Eliminate Virus/Malware.
Q3. How do QuickBooks files get corrupted?
Answer – Various factors can cause a QuickBooks data file to become faulty. These can be problems with the hardware or software, sudden system shutdowns, network connectivity issues, malware/virus attacks, etc.