We all are familiar with QuickBooks and Outlook where QuickBooks is your accounting pro & Outlook handles your emails. Both software are very famous in their fields. The features they provide attract the clients. With advanced features, both Quickbooks and Outlook have managed to secure their places among the top software in their own fields. But that is not it! With QuickBooks Integration With Outlook, you get features of both in one single package. In fact, the main purpose of QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration is to utilize the best of both and present wonderful outcomes.
Most of you must be wondering, Does Outlook Have Integration With QuickBooks? Well yes! That is what we’ll discuss in this article. We will learn about QuickBooks Integration With Outlook and how it is done! So without further ado, let’s get right into it.
QuickBooks: Pros, And Cons
QuickBooks is amongst the top accounting software. It helps in recording day to day transactions, bookkeeping, generating profit and loss reports and judging the performance of your firm. QuickBooks generates reports weekly, monthly or yearly that helps you make informed decisions about the firm and know your expenses and incomes. But QuickBooks is not all good and visa-versa. So in order to know an application inside out, you need to know its advantages and disadvantages as well.
- QuickBooks is easy to use. You need no such training to operate it.
- When you sync QuickBooks with other applications like QuickBooks Integration With Outlook, you don’t really face any issues. It works smoothly in integration.
- QuickBooks provides accurate reports that help you review your firm’s performance and make an informed financial decision.
- You get a variety of features at an affordable price.
- QuickBooks is easily accessible as it is a cloud based software. Moreover, it has a mobile app that you can download QuickBooks software and use from anywhere and anytime.
- QuickBooks warns you if any data is damaged or settings are misconfigured or any other issue with the system through errors. These errors can easily be resolved.
- QuickBooks lacks features specified for business like barcode scanning, tracking moving lot, etc.
- Apart from accounting reports, QuickBooks does not generate any other reports.
- Due to recurring errors and glitches, QuickBooks crash very often.
- You might face size issues with your company file.
- Number of users allowed at one time is limited.
- Only useful for small to midsize businesses with a limited number of employees.
- The data stored is not backed up regularly. Therefore raises the risk of data loss.
- Someone can easily manipulate your books since it is very easy to find a fix for any issue in QuickBooks.
Outlook: Pros And Cons
Outlook is an email application that belongs to the Microsoft group. It is very easy to download and even easier to use. You can create emails, build your mailing list, create email template, create groups, and create your own email marketing service. It offers you to schedule emails that will be sent automatically when the scheduled time comes. You can create a unique email id with your website domain using Outlook. For a better understanding let’s have a look at the pros and cons that Outlook provides.
- Easily and free to download.
- Outlook phishing feature separates the junk mail and stores them in a spam folder.
- You can flog the emails that are important. This helps in recognizing crucial emails from the whole bunch.
- Outlook has a very user-friendly interface and therefore it can be operated easily.
- You can use the inbuilt calendar to set reminders and task alerts.
- Outlook offers customizations to its users. You can edit the interface as you like.
- You can use the sweep feature to remove emails from one user, folder, or from a date or time in just a single click.
- It can be integrated with Microsoft tools and third-party applications and it runs smoothly while synced.
- Because of the huge variety of features, you might find it complicated to locate certain features.
- Outlook tends to crash sometimes due to unknown reasons.
- Although it runs smoothly in integration, you can link it with only numbered software.
- Traditional email software users might find it difficult to set up Outlook due to the huge number of features.
- You cannot access your emails when the internet connection is down or not working.
QuickBooks Integration With Outlook: Advantages
You being a consumer or user will not be attracted to a certain offer or integration if the features or advantages are not inviting enough. Let’s have a look at the benefits of QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration.
- When you perform QuickBooks Integration With Outlook you can send and process emails much faster.
- Contacts are updated regularly from QuickBooks Integration With Outlook. Therefore new emails are automatically synced with Outlook.
- With QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration, you can automatically download bills and created invoice received through emails.
- You can very easily import and export data from emails with QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration.
- QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration helps in scheduling emails and optimizing the calendar function of Outlook.
- You can send bills and invoices directly via email. Thus eliminating the traditional paper billing.
- Invoices are tracked and you are reminded if any client has not completed payment. Moreover, you are also alerted of pending payments.
- You and your clients can communicate faster with QuickBooks Integration With Outlook.
- Your QuickBooks and Outlook inboxes are cleaned regularly with the Outlook sweep feature.
- Using Outlook’s calendar, you can schedule payment reminder emails that will be sent to the clients.
- You get an inbuilt calendar with QuickBooks Integration With Outlook. You can customize this calendar as per your tasks.
- Social connection and communication become easier and faster.
- You can track import mails using the QuickBooks tracking feature.
- You can flag crucial emails and invoices with Outlook. This helps in recognizing them from a whole bunch or group.
- When you perform QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration, the software communicates with one another. Therefore any invoices or payments in Outlook are automatically transferred to QuickBooks.
- The sync of QuickBooks and Outlook gives you various shortcut keys. Therefore any feature can be instantly utilized with one click.
QuickBooks Integration With Outlook: Steps
Now that you know the advantages and features you get with QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration, we can finally move further with the steps to perform the synchronization.
- Firstly to perform this QuickBooks Mileage Tracker With Outlook Integration, you need QuickBooks contact sync.
- Go to the official website of the Inuit.
- Here, type in the correct email you used for QuickBooks registration.
- Now, hit continue to download the contact sync file.
- Make sure you store QuickBooksContactSync.exe file locally in your system.
- Locate the contact sync file you just saved and double-click on it.
- Hit next > accept > keep clicking on the next button until you see the install option.
- Hit the install button. This will begin the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, hit finish.
- Now go to QuickBooks.
- Launch the company file you wish to link with Outlook.
- Now open Outlook. The contacts sync wizard will open.
- Hit on get started. This will initiate the synchronization procedure.
- Once completed, press finish.
- Now in your Outlook application, open add-ins > synchronize contacts option.
- Alternatively, QuickBooks > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences.
- The last two steps are after QuickBooks Integration With Outlook is completed to access the contact sync file.
QuickBooks Integration With Outlook: For Mac Users
The thing is, QuickBooks Integration With Outlook for MAC users is so simple. If you compare the process and steps to windows or other Operating system users, you’ll see how simple and easy the entire process is.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Move to the edit section.
- Choose preferences and then hit send forms.
- You’ll see webmail, email, and Outlook in the list of options.
- Select Outlook. The sync will be completed.
- In case the options are not listed, continue to the next step.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\win.ini.
- Choose C:\Windows\win.ini and launch it.
- At the very bottom of this file, type [MAIL], MAPI=1, MAPIX=1
- Then move to the registry editor and key.
- Type [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\MAIL] String Value: “MAPIX”=”1]
- The options will appear after you save these alterations.
This article very clearly answers the biggest question of the hour, i.e. Does Outlook Have Integration With QuickBooks? Well after you have completed reading this article, you’ll learn a lot about the features of QuickBooks and Outlook. Moreover, you will learn how QuickBooks Integration With Outlook benefits you and your entire firm. The whole process of QuickBooks Time Tracker With Outlook Integration is thoroughly explained. Hopefully, you have learned everything about QuickBooks Integration With Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1: Does QuickBooks integrate with Outlook?
A: Yes, you can sync QuickBooks with Outlook for faster email processing, regular alerts, customized calendar, shortcut keys, tracking features, import and export data, easy invoicing and report generating and a whole bunch of attractive features.
Q.2: Why is Outlook not an option in QuickBooks?
A: If Outlook option is missing, the possible reasons are listed below:
- You must be operating a QuickBooks version that does not support Outlook.
- Outlook installation issues.
- You have not yet set up an Outlook profile.