When some of the users try to connect the Quickbooks software with the internet, there are chances they will face an error or their page will not load. This all happens because of the Quickbooks script error. This error generally occurs when the settings of your browser are not configured correctly to let the QuickBooks software connect to the internet. You can follow very simple steps to resolve the Quickbooks script error. In this article, we have tried to provide you with a better understanding of this error and different simple ways that you can opt to resolve the error. We have mentioned all the methods and their respective steps that you need to follow. If you are facing any error while installing the QuickBooks, you can download Quickbooks clean install tool.
Overview of Quickbooks script error
The QuickBooks script error is one of the common error that occurs when you are trying to work with the internet. This error generally occurs when you have to connect the Quickbooks software with the internet and it is being incompatible with it. To connect to the internet, Quickbooks requires a third party application. This error generally occurs when the scripting of the page is not compatible with your browser or it is not letting your page to load. The fact that it does not come up with a reason or a message box, makes it somehow difficult to understand.
Reasons for Facing Quickbooks script error
There is no particular reason why the Quickbooks scripting error occurs but there can be some of the common reasons. We are mentioning all those reasons due to which you might be getting the Quickbooks script error.
- You can get this error if the functions for processing your scripts are disabled.
- If you have any malware in your system, it can cause your page not to load.
- There are chances that some of the components of the Active X are missing or corrupted.
- If you are using the same account credentials, it can cause this error.
- There are chances that you are trying to deal with an account that was not created earlier but is created at the time of import.
- If you are trying to import a bill from an account whose information is different or the information of the account is incorrect.
- Even if your browser’s cache is corrupted or not empty then it can stop your page from loading.
Methods to Resolve Quickbooks Script Error
Change Intuit as your trusted website
- Open your internet explorer, you will see a gear icon, click on that.
- You will see a tools option and then you will have to look for the security option.
- Next, you will have to go to the site option and enter your official site’s address into the text area.
- Once you have done that, close the tab.
- The next thing is to grant permission to the site. For this, you will have to go to the miscellaneous option.
- Allow the site to be accessed across the domain.
- Submit all the changes and restart your browser.
Disable any addon on the browser
- The first thing that you have to do is to open your web browser and go to the tool.
- Go to the internet option.
- There you will find an option where your programs will be listed.
- Look for an option to manage the add ons.
- Once you found that option, disable the add ons and save the changes.
Clear the cache memory of your browser
- The first thing is to open your browser and look for the menu option.
- In the option, you will have to look for the delete option.
- There you will be required to click on the browsing history option.
- When clicked it will provide you with some of the options from which you can choose what to delete and what not to delete.
- Once you have selected everything you want to delete, delete them.
- Make sure you also delete the cache data from the browser.
Troubleshoot your browser
- To troubleshoot your browser, you will have to go to your browser.
- Look for the tool option. If not found, use the alt key to find it.
- In the advanced settings tab, you will be required to click on the option to clear display.
- confirm your settings.
Reset your browser
- To reset your browser you will be required to open your browser and go to the tool option.
- In that option, you will see an advance setting tab.
- In that tab, look for an option to reset your browser.
- Once found, you will be required to click on that option and save the settings.
The script error is common when it comes to operating the Quickbooks software. A user can generally face this error and the page fails to load. In this article, we have provided you with all the possible solutions for the Quickbooks script error. In case you still encounter the error, we will be there to help you.