Installation of QuickBooks is an easy process but still, there are chances that you are going to face some errors at the time of installation of the Quickbooks. One such error is Quickbooks error 1904. You can encounter this error mostly because any of the installations is damaged on your system. In case, you have saved the file to another location and trying to access it from a wrong location, you are going to face this error. Error 1904 in Quickbooks is not much critical error and can be solved easily. This is a guide on how you can resolve QuickBooks error 1904 in simple ways on your own. In case, if you still need technical assistance, you can contact our support team and we will be there to help you with resolving the error.
Important points to remember before resolving Quickbooks error 1904
Here are some of the points that you need to remember if you are going to troubleshoot error 1904.
- If you are using the Quickbooks software in multi-user mode, make sure that every system has an updated version of Windows.
- The next point to remember is to always make a backup of your files.
- You should never interrupt the process of installation no matter how much time it takes.
- The next thing is to make sure when you are troubleshooting the Quickbooks error 1904, you are using the Quickbooks software as an administrator.
- You will be required to clean up all the unnecessary file and then install the QuickBooks software on your system.
Reasons behind Quickbooks error 1904
Here are some of the possible reasons for which you are encountering the error 1904 in QuickBooks.
- The first reason that you have not installed the Quickbooks on your system properly.
- The other possible reason is that some of the components are damaged.
- In case your system’s operating system is not compatible with the QuickBooks version you are installing, you are going to encounter this error.
- If any of the components of your Microsoft are corrupted or damaged, you will encounter the error 1904.
- In case you have not maintained your system properly according to the specifications, you are going to face this error.
Methods to fix Quickbooks error 1904
Use Quickbooks install tool
The first recommended method is to use the Quickbooks install tool to resolve installation errors. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks install tool on your system. You can install it from the website of Intuit.
- Once downloaded, follow the steps mentioned on the screen to install the tool on your system.
- The next step is to make sure that when you run the tool, all other programs running simultaneously should be closed.
- After this, you will have to run the tool and wait till it detects any error and resolves it.
- Once the process is completed, reboot your system.
Install the Quickbooks again
The next recommended solution is to install the Quickbooks again on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first step in this process is to go to the control panel and look for the Quickbooks software.
- After this, you are required to uninstall the Quickbooks software from your system and complete the uninstallation process.
- Once installed, you are required to install the Quickbooks again on your system.
Update Windows on your system
The next solution that we recommend you is to update the Windows on your system or download the updates that are missing.
- The first step is to check if you have any pending update or not.
- To check it, you can go to the search bar on your system and then look for the windows update.
- It will open a new window to view the properties of the windows.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to view the updates.
- You will be required to wait till it is getting you updates.
- If you found any update, click on to update it and once it is done, restart it.
Install the Adobe flash player again
The next recommended solution is to install the Adobe player again on your system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are required to install Quickbooks install tool on your system.
- After this, you will have to go to the control panel on your system.
- Next, go to the option for programs.
- Now, look for a program of adobe flash player and click on it.
- Once you have done that you are required to uninstall the program.
- Once done, we will recommend you to start your system again.
- After this, you will have to install the adobe flash player again on your system.
In case you can not solve the error still, you can try to download the Quickbooks component tool on your system to repair the components that are damaged.