Many QuickBooks users face the QuickBooks error 6000 77. This is a very common error that occurs when a user tries to access a company file that has been stored on another system. This error can occur if you do not have enough permissions to access the company file or there are chances that you are opening the file with a reference from any other drive. This is the most common error that a user can face but many of them do not know how to solve the issue.
In this article, we have mentioned how you can deal with this error and resolve it easily. We have listed all the possible solutions that you can try to resolve this issue. In case, you are facing other errors, you can install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to find a tool to resolve your errors.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
We are listing some of the reasons why you have to face this QuickBooks error 6000 77. Check if any of the reason is causing this error in your system.
- If your QuickBooks installation is corrupted, then there are chances that you will have to face this error.
- The other chances are that your firewall or the anti-virus is stopping the program from working.
- Even if your company file is damaged.
- The other reason is that multiple people are using the same file.
- Even if your network connection is not correctly configured you will face this error.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Here are the symptoms that you are going to see when your QBs software faces the QuickBooks Error code 6000 77. Have a look at them.
- You can’t click any buttons or tabs because of this error.
- The QB software gets shut down automatically.
- You are unable to move on any running or open software.
- The windows freeze continuously.
- You can’t access your company file.
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Here are some of how you can try to resolve this QuickBooks error 6000 77. We are providing you with 5 solutions that you can opt for and choose according to you.
Method 1: Try Changing your Window’s Firewall Settings
There are chances that your firewall settings are not allowing the software to work. You can try to change or update your firewall settings to make sure it does not affect the working of your software. Follow the steps below to change your firewall settings:
- Open up your firewall settings option and Configure it automatically.
- The other way you can do it is by manually customizing the settings (You will have to allow exceptions to work)
- The last option is that you can uninstall your anti-virus and you can download the windows defender.
Method 2: Rebuilding the Damaged Folder
The next option that we are recommending is that you can try to rebuild the damaged folder. You will have to follow the below steps:
- You will be required to create one new folder in your drive.
- Next, you have to find the folder where your desired file is present. Once you have found it, open it.
- The folder will contain a file with a .qbw extension, Locate that file.
- Now you will have to copy the file.
- Paste the file into the new folder that you have created.
- Once it is done, you will have to allow your customers to access your files easily and can allow them to solve the queries.
Method 3: Try Renaming Your Files with the .ND and .TLG Extension
The next method you can try is that you can rename your files with different extensions. Follow the steps below to rename the files:
- The first thing that you need to do is to find the folder where your .ND and .TLG files are present.
- Once you have found the folder, find the files with these two extensions.
- Click on those files and from the menu select the rename option.
- Add the old word at the end of the name of your file.
- Save the file with the new name.
Method 4: Using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The last way you can opt to resolve this issue is that you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This tool was developed to resolve all the errors that occur due to any damage in the file or if any of the files are corrupted. You can try using this tool to repair and check if any of the files are corrupted.
Method 5: Use UNC Path
There are chances that your file is not opening because you are using a mapped drive path for your file. You need to follow the steps mentioned below to open it using a UNC path:
- The first thing that you need to do is to run your QuickBooks software as an administrator. You will be required to hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard until you can not see any company file opened on your system.
- Then you will have a list of all the companies present, Click on the restore company option.
- In a new window, on the left side, you can see an option of a network, click on that. Browse the path of your stored file.
- You will see your file, click on it, and open your file.
Method 6- Remove the Blank Spaces
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
- To begin with, you must sign out from your QBs desktop application.
- Now, locate the company file to open.
- Then, single-click on the company file and choose the option rename.
- After that, you need to remove the blank spaces in between the company file name & the file extension if it has, and then press enter.
- To end with, press the enter button to save the changes.
Also Read: QuickBooks Not Opening Issue
We hope that all the ways that we have mentioned will help you to resolve this problem. You can try any of these whatever suits you the best. This error only occurs when you are trying to open a company file.