QuickBooks has been used by many financial institutions for years and by that time the popularity of the QuickBooks software has increased. Though it has been made popular because of its features since it is just software so it is obvious that it can also encounter errors while working. In this technical blog, we have discussed a common error that a user can face which is QuickBooks errors 6150 and 1006. This is a common error that you can face while you are working on QuickBooks and make an attempt to open the QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks error code 6150 and 1006 might not allow you to create a file or open a file in QuickBooks software. There is no particular reason that you can face the QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006.
We have mentioned all the thinkable reasons later in the post. Read the article till the end to know how to fix the QuickBooks error codes 6150 and 1006 using simple methods.
Feasible Causes of the QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006
Below we have discussed a list of all the feasible reasons that can lead to the occurrence of the QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006:
- The most trivial reason is the corrupted installation of the QuickBooks software.
- In case you are trying to access a movable file without starting the QuickBooks software, you can face the QuickBooks 6150 and 1006 error.
- Virus infection can decrease the efficiency of working of QuickBooks and can lead to error.
- You are needed to check the extensions of the QuickBooks file because incorrect extensions can lead to the error 6150 and 1006 in QuickBooks.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006
Here are the indications that you might be seen during this error. Knowing the symptoms of the error is beneficial to applying the troubleshooting methods properly.
- You will receive the error messages on the display.
- The error message is connected with the extension of the company file. You need to remove it or change it with the right company file extension.
- The computer system froze and stopped working due to the error.
- Your Windows OS is not responding properly to the inputs that are coming from the keyboard and mouse.
- Your company file does not get opened.
Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006
There are various methods to fix QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006. Let’s discuss them one by one in detail.
Retrieve Data from the Backup
The feasible method that we are going to discuss is to restore the backup of your file using the QuickBooks software. Pursue the steps as they are mentioned:
- Initially, you need to start the QuickBooks software and then go to the file option.
- In the file option, you are needed to locate the restore backup option and click on it.
- In the next window, you will have to select the local backup option and then redirect it to the location where you want to store the backup.
- Moving on to the next window, you will have to select the backup that will be available to you with the .qbb file extension.
- Now, you will have to click on the open option.
- Moving ahead, you will have to move to the location where you have stored your backup so that you can restore it.
- Next, you will be needed to type the file name and then check if the file is saved in the .qbw file extension or not.
- After this, you are needed to confirm the replacement action by clicking on the yes option.
Employ the clean install tool
The next feasible solution is to install the QuickBooks again by using the QuickBooks clean install tool. Follow the steps discussed below:
- The initial step is to uninstall the QuickBooks software. To do this, you are needed to go to the control panel on your system.
- After this, you will have to look for the QuickBooks software and then click on it to uninstall it.
- Now, follow the instructions that will appear on the screen to uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- Next, you will have to install the clean install tool on your system.
- After this, you will have to accept the terms and conditions and proceed.
- Next, choose the most suitable version of the QuickBooks and press ok.
- Now, it will start the installation process. Wait until it is completed.
- Lastly, you will have to initiate the QuickBooks software.
Create a New File for QuickBooks Desktop
The next step is to create a new folder for the QuickBooks desktop. Follow all the steps mentioned:
- The very initial step is to initiate the QuickBooks software.
- After this, you will have to go to the option to create a new company.
- Next, you will have to set up the company by filling in the required information asked you.
- Once you have filled in the information, then you will have to click on an option to create the company.
- Lastly, you will be needed to add the customers and services.
Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to Fix Company File Error
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to fix the company file error using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- First of all, download the QBs Tool hub.
- Second, open the downloaded file QuickBookstoolhub.exe.
- Then, accept the license agreement, and move towards the company file issues tab.
- Click on the QB file doctor tool, and choose the company file with the error.
- Now, you have to tap on the check file damage only option and single-click on the Diagnose option.
- It will automatically detect the error & fix it.
- Once it is done, restart your system and open the QBs software.
Alternate Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Errors 6150 and 1006
Here is the list of other things that you can use if none of the methods mentioned above has helped you:
- The very first thing is to check the extensions of the QuickBooks files.
- Another thing that you can do is to check if you can open the same file on some other computer or not.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop.
- If you are trying the save the QuickBooks Macintosh file, make sure you are saving it in the Mac system.
- Make sure that you have installed an antivirus on your system to avoid any errors.
We hope that the methods that we have mentioned in the article have benefitted you to resolve the QuickBooks error 6150 and 1006. We have mentioned all the steps related to all the methods that we have discussed to make it more easily understandable to you and we believe that if you follow the same order of the steps then you will be able to resolve the error. If you still encounter the error, we are available for you to assist you. You can call our executives.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix a firewall issue in QuickBooks?
In order to fix a firewall issue in QuickBooks, first you need to get the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then run QuickBooks File Doctor. It will diagnose the issue and then you can proceed with fixing it.
Q2. How do I refresh my QuickBooks desktop?
Here is how you can refresh your QuickBooks desktop:
- Tap on “Menu”.
- Select “Help and Feedback”.
- Click on “Refresh Data”.
Q3. How do I fix my bank balance in QuickBooks?
This is how you can fix your Balance in QuickBooks:
- Go to the main “Menu” and then select the “Banking” option.
- Now tap on the “Reconcile” option. After this, you will see a “Modify” tab, click on that.
- At the end, select the bank account in which you want to make changes and then fix the balance.