Company files are a crucial component of any accounting software like QuickBooks. They are useful for various tasks that help your entity with complete & secure data protection. At times, there are many recurring errors hampering your word. Moreover, an error (QuickBooks error: -6000, -78) is annoying that prevents you from accessing your company files, making you thoughtful to fix it immediately. If you also have difficulty understanding the cause of the error and its solution further. Do continue reading our article! Here, we will define everything easy to analyze and bring about the easiest solutions to counter this error.
Overview of QuickBooks Error: -6000, -78
QuickBooks error code -6000, -78 gets displayed on the screen for running their company files via QuickBooks software. If everything is fine and doesn’t need any update, you may run it efficiently. On the other hand, faulty and destroyed files will hold several causes for rectification. Furthermore, it may occur because of damaged or incomplete software installation. You must fix it by informing the developer or visiting their official sources or website.
Causes of QuickBooks Error: -6000, -78
The following are the reasons for the error.
- Corrupted “Windows Registry Keys” in the association of QuickBooks
- Blocking and inaccessible actions from Windows Firewall
- Virus and malware attacks on the system or the QuickBooks software
- QuickBooks damaged files
- .ND and . TLG file damage
- Misplaced or damaged Installation files
- Malicious detection from another program, software, or application in the system
- The same company file is in the access of multiple users from the same network.
- Outdated QuickBooks software run
- Incorrect Configuration of Internet settings
- Data server manager inactiveness
- Multiple processes are active in the background.
Troubleshooting Solutions for Quickbooks Error: -6000, -78
If you know, there are several causes or reasons for the error. It is good to rectify them with the best possible guidance. Read on to learn more.
Solution 1. Rename the .ND and .TLG file
If there is any issue with the transaction log file and network data file, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the QuickBooks File Directory to find (.TLG and .ND) files or extensions.
- Right-click to rename the file; Via .OLD.
- Continue the practice for all the files that have damaged the software and the company file run.
Solution 2. Relocation of (.QBW) file
In case the company file location path or folder is faulty, change the location to access it error-free.
- Get a new folder on your system desktop. Select “New” following the mouse right-click.
- Select any “Company File” from the “Company File Folder” by choosing “Copy” by pressing the Mouse right-click.
- Paste it into the new folder and open the “QuickBooks File Menu”.
- Find the option “Open or Restore Company” to browse the company file from the newly created location.
Solution 3. File Backup Restore
If you have changed the file location and the error persists, then you should restore the backup company file. Follow the steps to resolve the issue.
- Prevent multi-user hosting by accessing “company file”.
- Go for the “File Menu” and choose “Utilities”.
- Click on the “Stop Hosting Multi-User” to open the new window.
- Confirm with “Yes”.
- Alternatively, the company file path must be less or equal to 210 characters.
- Open the company file, and move to “Address Bar” to copy the path.
- Paste it on any notepad to verify the entire characters with space.
- In the end, attempt the company file restoration again.
Solution 4. QuickBooks Desktop Suppress by Opening “Sample Company File.”
To fix the Company file issue, do follow the QuickBooks desktop suppress procedure from the below-given solutions:-
- Continue pressing the “Ctrl Key” until the window pop-up is not visible to you with “No Company Open”.
- Suppress the QuickBooks, choose “Open a Sample file”, and select the random file from the “Sample Company File” list.
- If- the files open without any error, move on to the following level. If not- ensure the QuickBooks installation files are repaired.
Read More - How to open qbw File without QuickBooks?
Solution 5. Repair Windows Registry
For the manual follow-up, ensure the proper backup of the registries relevant to the QuickBooks error.
- Press the “Start” button on the computer.
- Search will open to type “Command”.
- Hold the “Ctrl+Shift” together to hit the “Enter” button.
- A dialog box will appear on the screen for confirmation. Click “Yes.”
- A New box will ask you to type “Regedit” and hit “Enter.”
- In the “Register Editor” section, choose the keys relevant to QuickBooks errors -6000, -78 for the backup.
- Select “Export” from the “File Menu.” A “Save In” list will appear on the screen to save the “QuickBooks Backup Key”.
- Moreover, go to the “File Name” box to find the “Backup File”.
- Select “Selected Branch” in the “Export Range” box.
- The file will get saved (.reg file extension) by clicking on the “Save” button.
- In the end, you have QuickBooks-related registry entry backup.
Solution 6. Database Server Manager Restart
QBDBMgrN must be active on your Windows operating system to fix QuickBooks error: -6000, -78. Here is what you need to do.
- To proceed, visit the “Windows Start” Menu for the “All Programs” menu and select “QuickBooks” from the program list.
- Choose “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” to add a “New Folder” from the “Scan Folders”.
- Go to “Start Scan” for the initiation process of the “Company File”.
- Ensure the Stop of “Tools Run” to re-launch the “QuickBooks” to open the “Company File” for the removal of the error.
Solution 7. Clear the System Junk
The steps are similar to Windows XP, 7,8,10, or Vista) to clear the system Junk. Read below:-
- Press the “Start button” to type “Command” and hit the “Enter” button while continuously holding ”Ctrl+Shift” from the keyboard.
- Click “Yes” on the permission dialogue box.
- Type “Cleanmgr” in the blank box and press the “Enter” button.
- Disk Cleanup will start from this process.
- Furthermore, ensure which types of files are taking more space.
- Find them to clean and finish the process with the “Ok” button.
Solution 8. Windows System Restore
Windows system restore is another solution to troubleshoot QuickBooks errors -6000, -78. Identify the cause and apply the method accordingly.
- Press the “Start” button to type “System Restore” in the search box, then “Enter”.
- Follow the result with the “System Restore” option.
- Put the Administration Password; If- asks.
- A wizard will open. Follow its steps for the “Restore Point”.
- Restore the computer to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code -6000, -78.
The Final Note
With this, we are to wrap up the article. The error is primarily relevant to company files. To resolve your company files QuickBooks error: -6000, -78, you can follow any of the solutions in the response of the cause mentioned in the article, or you can seek assistance from our experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 – How Do I Fix Error Code 6190 and 816 in QuickBooks?
- Open the “Company File” folder.
- Find the files with (.ND and .TLD) to rename them with (.OLD)
- After the successful file renaming with extensions, open the QuickBooks software to run the files.
Q.2 – What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Answer – When the user tries to run the company file, this error occurs. System file corruption or file misplacement helps Quickbooks error code 80029c4a prevail. Moreover, Windows start or shutdown and OS installation are others on the causes list.