You have all likely been using QuickBooks for a while, yet you still panic when you experience errors and can’t figure out how to fix them. Users frequently encounter QuickBooks Error PS038, when they update their payroll or paychecks electronically. But we are here to provide you with the best solutions and also the causes of the PS038 QuickBooks error. As users find it challenging to fix this error, you just need to follow our instructions and your system will be up and running in no time.
What is QuickBooks Error PS038?
QuickBooks error code PS038 prevails when you try to update your payroll in QBs or want to paychecks digitally. A pop-up will display stating “You’ve retrieved the latest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription. We strongly recommend that you go online again before mm/dd/yyyy. [PS038]”. If there are paychecks trapped in the system, payroll cannot be handled, so fixing the error is important.
Causes of QuickBooks Error PS038
You must know the causes then only you can resolve it. Without knowing the cause, you can’t find a way. So, have a look at the causes that give rise to QuickBooks payroll update error PS038:
- If you use an outdated ‘subscription’ for your payroll.
- The installation of the latest version of payroll is not done correctly.
- Your QBs application is not up to date.
- The company file is damaged or corrupted.
- It’s possible that your paychecks got stuck.
Before looking for the solutions you need to look at some points that we are mentioning here for you:
- Ensure that you keep a backup of your file & payroll.
- You must have a recent version of your payroll tax table installed on your QBs.
- Upgrade your QBs version to 2019 or to the latest one.
- You must first upgrade your QBs version to 2019.
You need to make sure that your QuickBooks is updated to the recent version. Look at the steps given below:
- Move to QBs desktop and then under the Help option choose ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Tap on ‘Update Now’ and select ‘Get Updates’.
- Wait till it gets completed and press Close.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error PS038
Now is the time to look for solutions as we have mentioned all the major details about QuickBooks error code PS038. Let’s begin.
Solution 1: ‘PayChecks are Stuck Online to Send’
If you find that your paychecks are stuck and you can’t pay them online. Then despite deleting them just go through the steps below:
- From Edit, choose to Find and select Advanced Tab.
- Then go to the filter and click on ‘Detail Level and Summary only’.
- Tap on ‘Online Status’ and select ‘Online to Send’ from the drop menu.
- Hit on ‘Find to see the paychecks’ and you will see the list of paychecks that are stuck.
Solution 2: Transfer ‘Payroll Data’
Once you have updated your QBs, you can transfer your payroll data and see if the error is resolved by following the instructions given below:
- From Employees, choose My Payroll Service.
- Click on Send Usage Data and if not able to find it, just go to the next instruction.
- Choose to Send Payroll Data under the Employees option.
- Lastly, from the ‘Send or Receive’ screen, tap on Send All and type your PIN.
Read More - Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15106
Solution 3: ‘Check Information on Paychecks’ Stuck in QBs
To fix the PS038 error in QuickBooks Desktop, you need to check the information that is appearing on your paychecks. Go through the instructions given below:
- Tap on an old ‘stuck paycheck’ and choose Paycheck Detail.
- You will see a message ‘Net Pay Locked’ just press No.
- Add the identical earnings item in the list within the Earnings from the Review Paycheck window.
- Ensure that you haven’t made any modifications to Tax amount & Net pay.
- In case you get a Past Transaction note choose Yes.
- When prompted to Recording Transaction, choose Yes.
- ‘Re-open the paycheck’ and click on Paycheck Details.
- You need to go with the directions for every paycheck.
Solution 4: Use the ‘Verify & Rebuild Tool’
If you are not able to resolve QuickBooks error PS038 then you need to use the Verify & Rebuild tool to rectify it. Here is the procedure that you should follow:
- You need to open QBs desktop and then go to File and choose Utilities.
- Select Verify Data and tap OK to turn off all the windows.
- At last, press OK if it doesn’t find any issue.
Steps to Use Rebuild Tool
- From File, click on Utilities and choose Rebuild Data.
- Then tap on Save as it will create a backup.
- Wait for a few seconds till the rebuild is finished.
- In case, there is no problem then you can go to other solutions.
So, now we can conclude as we have mentioned the detailed instructions that you can use to fix Quickbooks Error PS038. It mainly occurs when you are trying to update your payroll in QBs or want to paychecks digitally. However, if you still have any issues then contact our team. They will guide you in such a way that fixes all your issues in just a few minutes. 24*7 assistance is available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do you fix the Windows firewall blocking QuickBooks?
- Add ‘Firewall Exception’.
- Setup ‘Firewall Ports’.
- Reboot ‘Windows System’.
Q2. How do I fix error code 15270 in QuickBooks?
- Verify Internet Connectivity.
- Check your ‘Payroll Service key’.
- Use the ‘Reboot.bat’ File.
- Change the Name of the ‘Paysub.ini’ File.