Read More - How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Internet Connection Errors?
It is not a complex technical issue, Notwithstanding but you are unaware of the causes and resolution. Without further ado! Let’s see some of the causes of this error message on your screen.
- If the browser or its configuration is not suitable for the cloud-based accounting software QuickBooks.
- No sync with the web browser.
- Mismatch of the details for the process of import of bill and invoice.
- While browsing an online banking website, an error message displays the time of the entry of QuickBooks bank feeds.
- Slow internet speed.
- Process time out in case of QuickBooks Online.
- Keyboard and Mouse inputs are unresponsive.
- While logging in with QuickBooks, Windows becomes black.
Solution 1. Clear the Cache Data of the Default Browser
You run several tasks with your web browser but that develops the browser history. You can fix the issue with Cache data clearance:-
- Open the “Web Browser” and select “Tools”.
- Click on “Internet Options” and then on “General”.
- Find “Browser History” and hit the “Delete” option.
- Tick the choice you want to delete.
- Press “Ok” for the execution.
Read More - Guide to Correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise
Solution 2. Restrict the Web Browser Security
- Open the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” icon and choose “Settings.”
- From the left pane, choose “Privacy and Security > Site Settings”.
- Select “Cookies and Site Data”.
- Go for the “Allow” choice to hit “Add” option.
- Type “Intuit.com” to save by the selection of “Add” button.
- Open Safari web browser and enter ‘payroll.intuit.com” and press “Enter.”
- Go for the option “Bookmarks” and then “Add Bookmarks”.
- Check out the drop-down list for “Add This Page to” choose the “Top Sites” option
- Finally, click on the “Add” option to make it a trusted site for the Safari web browser.
Solution 3. Make Your Browser a Default Browser
Set your Google Chrome browser as a default browser
- Click on “Start Menu”.
- Select “Settings>Apps>Default Apps”.
- In “Set Defaults for Applications” search “Chrome” and select “Google Chrome”.
- Find “Make Google Chrome your Default Browser”, select “Set Default”.
- Exit from the window setting
Solution 4. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Visit the Intuit website and search “QuickBooks Tool Hub“.
- Download and install the software.
- Select the “Program Problems” tab from the “Tool Hub” section.
- Let the tool complete its task.
- Click on “Quick Fix My Program”.
- Check the issue resolution.
Solution 5. Windows Firewall Settings
Connect the QBs with the internet under the configuration of Windows firewall settings.
- Go to the “Start” menu of Windows.
- Search for “Windows Firewall”. Find “Advanced Settings” for the “Inbound Rules” option.
- Give right-click on “Inbound Rules” for the “New Rule Drop-Down” Menu.
- Select “Port,” and choose “Next” for the dual check of “TCP Enabled”.
- Enter a port number in the “Specific Local Port” section.
- Click “Next” to select “Allow the Connection”.
- Name the “Rule” and click on the “Finish” button.
Solution 6. Disable Add-ons on Web Browsers
- Open the “Google Chrome” browser.
- Click on the “More” option from the top-right corner.
- Go for “More Tools > Extensions”.
- Click on “Remove” for the extension you want to remove.
- Confirm with the hit on “Remove”.
- Open “Safari” and then “Preferences”.
- Select the “Websites” tab for “Plug-ins” option.
- Plug-ins panel will show the installed “Internet Plug-ins”.
- Select the “Plug-ins” for the configuration.
- Plug-ins sheet will release “Currently Open Websites”.
- Select “Yes, Off, On” for a specific website for the “Run in Safe Mode”.
- Unmark the “Plug-ins” to disable it.
Read More - How to Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode?
- Open the browser and click on the “Orange Firefox” button to select “Add-ons”.
- Select “Add-ons Manager” from the active browser.
- Click on “Tools” and choose ‘Add-ons”.
- Select “Extensions” to check the list of installed extensions.
- Click on the “Disable” button and select “Remove” to delete the extension.
- Restart the web browser.
The Final Notes
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 – How Do I Get Rid of Script Errors in QuickBooks?
- Open the browser
- Click on “Internet Options”.
- Go for the “Advanced” tab.
- Uncheck the Display a Notification About Every Script Error.
- Click on the “Ok” button to save the changes.
Q.2 – Why Am I Getting a Script Error Message in QuickBooks?
Answer – If the script processing tools have been turned off, you may trigger the script error message in QuickBooks.