QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software used by millions of users worldwide. However, QuickBooks is not perfect and sometimes users may experience errors when trying to connect to the internet. This can be frustrating, but there are a few things you can do to try and fix the problem. In this post, we will share 6 methods for fixing QuickBooks internet connection errors. We hope that one of these methods will help you get back up and running quickly.
Overview of QuickBooks Internet Connection Errors
This error prevails when you are downloading the latest updates for QuickBooks. It can be because of issues in your PC or QBs program. Incorrect internet setup can also affect your connectivity and you can’t access your company file. QuickBooks Internet connection errors are prevalent and need to be rectified soon. We will help you in fixing this error and you can find the best troubleshooting solution.
Common QuickBooks Payroll Connection Errors
Here are some of the most common internet connection errors that you might see when you are trying to download a payroll:
You will face these errors due to corrupted files, a wrong internet connection, and damaged firewalls.
- IC 67186429
- IC 67186457
- IC 67186445
- IC 6718407
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Internet Connection Errors
QBs internet connection errors generally happen because of many causes. Let’s look at them:
- QuickBooks files are corrupted and your connection is damaged.
- The installation of QBs files is damaged.
- Many QBs ‘Database Services’ are in use.
- You can’t access QBs files because of the wrong setup of the internet connection and firewall.
- Your ‘Network Descriptor’ file is lost.
- The PC is in sleeping mode which can affect your connectivity.
Read More - How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Database Manager not running in the system?
Troubleshooting Solutions of QuickBooks Internet Connection Errors
It’s time to look at the troubleshooting solutions that help in fixing QBs internet connection errors:
Solution 1: Verify if the ‘Subscription is Active’
You need to check if your subscription is active or not. As it might be possible that your subscription is not active and that’s why you are getting this error. To do so follow the steps:
- You need to reboot your PC and then start QBs.
- Tap on the Employees menu and choose My Payroll Service.
- Hit on Account or Billing Information.
- Lastly, ensure that your subscription is ‘Active’.
Solution 2: Check your Internet Connection
This error occurs if your internet connectivity is not good. So, make sure that you have good internet connectivity by following the steps:
- Start QuickBooks and tap on the Help option.
- Choose the Internet Connection Setup menu.
- Then you need to ensure that the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet” option is chosen.
- Press Next and hit on Done.
Solution 3: Start the ‘Computer Management Window’
When you open QBs in the computer management window you will be able to fix this error. Look at the instruction below:
- Tap on the Start menu on the system and tap on Computer.
- Last, select the Manage option and type your Administrator password.
Read More - How to Correct Cache Amount for QuickBooks Enterprise?
Solution 4: Close the ‘Database Server Process in Task Manager’
You need to stop the database server process in order to resolve QBs internet connection error by following the procedure:
- Tap on Windows Taskbar and select ‘Task Manager service’.
- Now, move to the ‘Processes’ option and hit on Image Name.
- Then click on qbdbmgrn.exe and choose ‘End Process’.
Solution 5: Set up ‘Firewall Settings’
The firewall that you are using might stop many programs on your PC. If it has blocked QBs then you can’t connect to the network. Here are the steps that you should follow to correctly setup firewall:
- Select Start and tap on the Control Panel.
- Choose System & Security and hit on Advanced Settings.
- Click on Inbound Rules and choose New Rule.
- Now, from the Programs option, press Next.
- Choose ‘This Program Path’ and go where you have your QBs file.
- Then, select Allow the Connection and ensure that there is a tick mark on the boxes.
- Lastly, enter the name of the latest rule into the Firewall.
Read More - How do you Configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports?
Solution 6: Do ‘Clean Install in Selective Startup Mode’
To fix this error, you can do a clean install of your QuickBooks but in selective startup mode. Go through the instructions given below:
- Hold Windows + R and you will see the Run window.
- Enter MSConfig and select System Configuration Utility.
- Look for the General option and choose Selected Startup.
- Click on the Load Startup menu and go to Services.
- Tap on ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ and hit on Disable All.
- Now, unbind ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’ and ensure to choose Windows Installer.
QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that can save small businesses and entrepreneurs a lot of time and hassle. However, QuickBooks users may sometimes experience internet connection errors. These errors can be frustrating, but there are ways to fix them. By following the tips in this article, you should be able to resolve any Quickbooks internet connection errors quickly and easily. Have you experienced any Quickbooks internet connection errors? How did you solve them?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is QuickBooks Online payroll not working?
- Check to have a Valid payroll subscription.
- Get the most recent version of QBs.
Q2. How do I fix QuickBooks payroll error?
- Upgrade your Windows Permission.
- Run as Administrator.
Q3. Does QuickBooks require an Internet connection?
Answer – If you are using QBs Online then you need an internet connection. You can access QBs desktop where you have installed it and it doesn’t require internet connectivity.