Quickbooks desktop is used majorly in every company to handle their financial activities error-free and more accurately. But despite being a perfect document for error-free accounting, the software still has some errors. Quickbooks provides you with a feature of payrolls. You can create, edit, update payrolls for your employees using the Quickbooks software. But sometimes you can face errors while updating the payroll on your system. Quickbooks Error 15270 is one such error that you will face when you will try to update the payroll. You can get this error even if you try to use the software while your windows update is going on your system. In this article, we are going to talk about what is QuickBooks error 15270, what are the causes of the Quickbooks error 15270 and how you can resolve the same. If you are still not able to resolve the error and require technical advice for it, we are always available for you. You need to contact customer support for help.
Reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks error 15270
- The most common cause of the Quickbooks error 15270 can be the corrupted or damaged program related to the operating system.
- The other common cause can be the improper installation of the Quickbooks on your system. Install Quickbooks again using the Quickbooks clean install tool.
- You have not updated the QuickBooks on your system or the update is not completely done.
- Make sure you are using the Quickbooks software as an admin, otherwise, you are going to face the error.
- Lastly, if the internet connection on your system is acting up, there can be chances of Quickbooks error 15270.
Multiple ways to fix Quickbooks Error 15270
Update payroll manually
The first way is to update the payroll manually to see if the error continues. Follow the steps mentioned.
- The first step in this process is to update the Quickbooks.
- You can do this from the Quickbooks software itself. All you need to do is to go to the Quickbooks software and then go to the help option.
- In that option, you will see an option for the update. Click on the same.
- You will have to go to the update now option and it will start the download.
- Once it is completed, you will have to click on the get update option and then it will take you to the next window where you will receive a message that your update is finished.
- Once this is done, you will have to start the Quickbooks again and then go for the employee option and then to the payroll option.
- There you will find an option for the payroll, you will have to download the payroll.
- Next, update the payroll and see if the error continues. If it does, move to the other method.
Use the reboot.dat file to resolve Quickbooks error 15270
The next solution is to use the reboot.dat file to reset the settings and resolve the Quickbooks error 15270. Carry out the stepwise process mentioned.
- First, terminate the Quickbooks desktop from your system.
- After this, open the Quickbooks folder and then look for the reboot.dat file. If you can’t find it, you can go to the properties of the QuickBooks desktop application and look for the location of the folder.
- Once done, you will have to run the reboot.dat file by clicking on it and it will then start the process of the reregistering.
- It will open up a prompt with commands running on it.
- You will have to wait until the process is completed.
- After this, restart your computer and then open the Quickbooks software to check if the error continues.
Check the identification number
The other possible reason that you are facing the error is that you have typed a wrong identification number for your Quickbooks software. there are chances that you have mistyped the identification number on which you are not allowed to perform certain operations in the Quickbooks software. We will recommend you to always check the number you are using and use the employee identification number so that you can not be restricted to perform the operations.
Use the Quickbooks tool hub
Quickbooks tool hub has proven to be the solution for every problem that you face while using the Quickbooks software. Even with Quickbooks error 15270, we recommend you to use the Quickbooks tool hub. Follow the process.
- First, download Quickbooks tool hub on your system.
- Make sure before downloading you have terminated the QuickBooks application running.
- Next, you will have to install the Quickbooks tool hub file on your system by carrying out the stepwise process as it will appear on your screen.
- Once it is installed on your system, run the tool.
- Next, you will be provided with different options that you can choose according to the error you are facing.
- Choose the most appropriate error and click on the Ok option.
- It will then resolve the issues that you are facing.
You can opt for all these methods to troubleshoot the Quickbooks error 15270. We believe that after following all the steps you will be able to solve the error 15270 in Quickbooks. If you are still not able to resolve the error and stuck with the error, you can seek help from the professionals.