QuickBooks desktop is used majorly in every company to handle their financial activities error-free and more accurately. But despite being a perfect document for error-free accounting, the software still has some errors. QuickBooks provides you with a feature of payrolls. You can create, edit, and update payrolls for your employees using the QuickBooks software. But sometimes you can face errors while updating the payroll on your system. QuickBooks Update Error 15270 is one such error that you will face when you will try to update the payroll. You can get this error even if you try to use the software while your windows update is going on your system.
In this article, we are going to talk about what is QuickBooks error code 15270, what are the causes of the QuickBooks error 15270, and how you can resolve the same. If you are still not able to resolve the error and require technical advice for it, we are always available for you. You need to contact customer support for help.
What is QuickBooks Error 15270?
QuickBooks error 15270 occurs when you are trying to download an update on the payroll. This happens when the file you are trying to download is either missing or the download is not completed successfully. The best way to fix this issue is to download the payroll update manually and then restart your computer. Moreover, you can also try to run the “Reboot.bat” file to fix QuickBooks error 15270.
Reasons Behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Error 15270
- The most common cause of the QuickBooks error code 15270 can be the corrupted or damaged program related to the operating system.
- The other common cause can be the improper installation of QuickBooks on your system. Install QuickBooks again using the QuickBooks clean install tool.
- You have not updated the QuickBooks on your system or the update is not completely done.
- Make sure you are using the QuickBooks software as an admin, otherwise, you are going to face the error.
- Lastly, if the internet connection on your system is acting up, there can be chances of QuickBooks error 15270.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error 15270
Here are the indications that will help you to recognize the QuickBooks error code 15270.
- You are unable to open or use QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks may crash or freeze when you try to open it.
- You may see a pop-up error message.
- Your computer’s performance may be significantly slowed down.
- You may experience problems opening or using other programs on your computer.
Multiple Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 15270
As you explore the causes and symptoms, you must know the resolving methods that will fix the QuickBooks error 15270. Follow these methods in the given sequence.
Update Payroll Manually
The first way is to Update Manual Payroll In QuickBooks to see if the error continues. Follow the steps mentioned.
- You can do this from the QuickBooks software itself. All you need to do is to go to the QuickBooks software and then go to the help option.
- In that option, you will see an option for the update. Click on the same.
- You will have to go to the update now option and it will start the download.
- Once it is completed, you will have to click on the get update option and then it will take you to the next window where you will receive a message that your update is finished.
- Once this is done, you will have to start the QuickBooks again and then go for the employee option and then to the payroll option.
- There you will find an option for the payroll, you will have to download the payroll.
- Next, update the payroll and see if the error continues. If it does, move to the other method.
Also you may read - How to Fix QuickBooks Registration error?
Use the Reboot.bat File
The next solution is to use the reboot.bat file to reset the settings and resolve the QuickBooks error 15270. Carry out the stepwise process mentioned:
- First, terminate the QuickBooks desktop from your system.
- After this, open the QuickBooks folder and then look for the reboot.bat file. If you can’t find it, you can go to the properties of the QuickBooks desktop application and look for the location of the folder.
- Once done, you will have to run the reboot.bat file by clicking on it and it will then start the process of reregistering.
- It will open up a prompt with commands running on it.
- You will have to wait until the process is completed.
- After this, restart your computer and then open the QuickBooks software to check if the error continues.
Check the Identification Number
The other possible reason that you are facing the error is that you have typed the wrong identification number for your QuickBooks software. There are chances that you have mistyped the identification number on which you are not allowed to perform certain operations in the QuickBooks software. We will recommend you always check the number you are using and use the employee identification number so that you can not be restricted to perform the operations.
Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub has proven to be the solution for every problem that you face while using the QuickBooks software. Even with QuickBooks error 15270, we recommend you to use the QuickBooks tool hub. Follow the process:
- First, download the QuickBooks tool hub on your system.
- Make sure before downloading you have terminated the QuickBooks application running.
- Next, you will have to install the QuickBooks tool hub file on your system by carrying out the stepwise process as it will appear on your screen.
- Once it is installed on your system, run the tool.
- Next, you will be provided with different options that you can choose according to the error you are facing.
- Choose the most appropriate error and click on the Ok option.
- It will then resolve the issues that you are facing.
Turn off the User Account Control
Disable the UAC if you face the QuickBooks update error 15270. We are going to mention the different steps for different windows users. Let’s begin.
For Windows 7 or 8:
If you’re getting the QuickBooks Error 15270 when trying to update your QuickBooks software, it could be because of the User Account Control (UAC) feature in Windows 7 or 8. To fix the problem, you’ll need to turn off UAC temporarily, then update QuickBooks and turn UAC back on. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type “control panel” and hit Enter.
- In the Control Panel, select “User Accounts.”
- Select “Change User Account Control settings.”
- Move the slider all the way down to “Never notify” and click OK.
- Try updating QuickBooks again. If it works, you can turn UAC back on by following the steps above and moving the slider back to its original position.
For Windows Vista:
Follow the below-listed steps to turn off the UAC in case you use Windows Vista.
- To begin with, click on the start button and type the control panel, press enter.
- Click on the Classic View option.
- Now, click on the User Account.
- Then, hit on the options to turn user account control ON or OFF.
- You need to clear Use UAC that helped in protecting your desktop, hit Ok
- After that, reboot the system and open the QB software to check whether your company file is accessible or not.
You can opt for all these methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 15270. We believe that after following all the steps you will be able to solve the QuickBooks update error 15270. If you are still not able to resolve the error and are stuck with the error, you can seek help from professionals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 – What is QuickBooks error 15270?
QuickBooks error 15270 occurs when you make an attempt to download the payroll update. The full error message is – “Error 15270: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” There are a few possible reasons for this error, including insufficient permissions, corrupted installation files, or a problem with your internet connection.
Q.2 – How do I resolve error 15270 in QuickBooks quickly?
To resolve the issue, try the following:
- First, check your internet connection and make sure that you’re connected to a strong, stable network. If you’re using a wireless connection, try moving closer to your router. If you are connected to a stable internet connection but are still seeing error 15270, try disabling any firewall or proxy settings that might be blocking access to Intuit’s servers. You should also temporarily disable any antivirus programs you have running. Once you’ve done that, restart QuickBooks and try again.
- Next, try restarting QuickBooks and your computer. This will often clear up any minor issues that may be causing the problem.
Q.3 – What causes QuickBooks 15270 error?
The QuickBooks 15270 error generally occurs when the QuickBooks software on your computer is not able to communicate with the QuickBooks server due to some network or internet connectivity issues. This can happen for a number of reasons, including intermittent internet connection, updates that are not compatible with your Windows version, other QB processes running in the background, or a virus, if the QuickBooks Desktop application is not completely installed, or if your payroll subscription is inactive or expired.