You regularly need to transfer your data files to your CPA or accountant for review. This is because your books need regular checking and reviewing. But what happens to your work meanwhile? Do you have to stop all your tasks until this is completed? The answer is simply, no! This is where QuickBooks Accountant Copy comes into the picture. What Accountant Copy QuickBooks is, How To Make Accountant Copy Of QuickBooks and How To Make Accountant Copy of QuickBooks will be discussed further.
In this article, we’ll explain in detail everything about QuickBooks Accountant Copy. So, without any further ado, let’s hop into it.
What is QuickBooks Accountant Copy?
The Accountant Copy QuickBooks is an arrangement that QuickBooks provides to business owners. It allows you to transfer or send your business files to the accountant or any accounting firm that you’ve hired. You can easily share all the important and relevant data to the CPA. a copy of these files will be sent back to you, so that you can continue with your work.
Any changes made in the files will be sent to the company file only after your accountant has completed working on it. Therefore you can use QuickBooks Accountant Copy to make changes to the data while you continue working with it. After the accountant’s done reviewing and making changes to the data, all the adjustments will be imported back into your company file. Thereafter, all the work you do and all the adjustments made will be combined into the company file.
The Accountant Copy QuickBooks is transferred back and forth between accountants and the business without any restrictions. However, sometimes the new company file cannot be accessible to the user or it is damaged. In such situations, you can open QuickBooks Accountant Copy which has to be contented into a working data file before initiating the work.
Things to Know Before Creating QuickBooks Accountant Copy
Prior to learning and discussing How To Make Accountant Copy Of QuickBooks, there are certain things you need to make sure or know. These are:
- Before you create a QuickBooks Accountant Copy, make sure you have decided the diving date.
- The entries can only be entered in the current period which is after the diving date you decided, once you have created the accountant’s copy.
- The accountant will draw the adjustments and transactions on the diving date or prior to it.
- You may get some limitations on things you can do or cannot do during active QuickBooks Accountant Copy.
- You need to know that once you have converted Accountant Copy QuickBooks to a company file, you will not be able to import adjustments any further.
- All entries or adjustments made in the company file after creating QuickBooks Accountant Copy needs to be entered again.
- It is very important that these restrictions or limitations shall not be removed or altered until the adjustments made by the accountant have been transferred.
How To Make Accountant Copy of QuickBooks?
Stated below are steps to learn How To Make Accountant Copy Of QuickBooks. Make sure to follow the instructions precisely:
Step 1: Set QuickBooks Up
QuickBooks enterprise users need to turn off advanced QuickBooks inventory. You can turn it back on after you send Accountant Copy QuickBooks and receive it back. Other QuickBooks version users can skip this step.
Step 2: Make Accountant Copy in QuickBooks
Accountant Copy QuickBooks file can be put on USB with ease. You can also send this via email or cloud services. Just make sure your Accountant Copy QuickBooks ends with .qbx extension.
- Initially move to the file menu in QuickBooks.
- Go to the accountant’s copy.
- Now navigate to the client activities section and then hit save file.
- It will prompt you to confirm that you want to create a QuickBooks Accountant Copy.
- Tap on next.
- After you have set the diving date, hit next.
- Now opt the location where you want to save QuickBooks Accountant Copy.
- Also give an appropriate name.
- Now that you have completed the above steps, hit save.
- The file is ready to be transferred to your accountant or CPA.
How To Send Accountant Copy Of QuickBooks?
Once created, the Accountant Copy QuickBooks file is all set to send it to your accountant or CPA. follow the steps below to transfer Accountant Copy QuickBooks:
- Go to the file menu.
- Tap on the accountant’s copy.
- Go to client activities.
- Now tap on send to accountant option.
- If prompted, react positively.
- Then hit the next button.
- Once the dividing date is set. You’ll hit next.
- Now you’ll have to type in the accountant’s email ID twice.
- Next, enter name and email.
- Tap on next.
- You’ll need to encrypt this file to protect it from data theft while transferring. This can be done by creating a password.
- Make sure you provide the accountant this password as well. This is because they will need it to open the file.
- Finally hit the send button. The Accountant Copy QuickBooks will be sent to your accountant.
How To Transfer QuickBooks Accountant Copy To The Company File?
Once the accountant receives a QuickBooks Accountant Copy, they’ll start to make the changes and adjustments. Once completed, you’ll need to transfer it back into your company file there are two methods by which you can do this.
- Open QuickBooks Accountant Copy with .qbx or .qba extension.
- Go to the file menu and tap on send company file.
- Now select the accountant’s copy.
- Tap on convert accountant’s copy to company file/QBW.
- Now it will prompt for confirmation, react positively.
- Next, choose the location where you want to save the .QBW file and rename it.
- Hit save > ok.
Before you start make sure that the accountant sends you the QuickBooks Accountant Copy using the accountant file transfer service.
- Open file menu drop down list.
- Tap on the accountant’s copy.
- Now choose open & convert transfer file.
- You’ll see an overview of Accountant Copy QuickBooks.
- Once you’ve done reviewing, hit next.
- Now locate accountant transfer file QBX and then press ok.
- Enter file password > ok.
- Make sure you read the points on your screen and then click on ok.
- Next you are required to select a location where this file needs to be saved.
- Rename the file and then hit save.
- In order to update the accountant’s file for syncing it with QuickBooks, press ok.
- At last finish the process by reading all details and click ok.
How To Import Changes Made By The Accountant In QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks Accountant Copy has been sent and received back with modifications. Now you can finally add the data into QuickBooks. But how? Below listed are two methods by which you can import modifications into QuickBooks.
Method 1: Via Web
- Open QuickBooks > file menu.
- Go to open or restore company.
- Next tap on open a company file.
- Hit next.
- Tap on browse and go to the location where you have saved the QuickBooks Accountant Copy company file with an altered name.
- Select it and tap open.
- If it prompts, enter your details.
- Now go to the file menu > accountant’s copy > import accountant changes from web.
- QuickBooks enterprise and premier users can: file menu > client activities > import accountant changes from web.
- You’ll see the list, download the available account copy.
Method 2: Via File
- Perform steps 1 to 7 from method 1.
- After opening the company file: file menu > accountant’s copy > import accountant changes from file.
- Enterprise or premier users: file menu > client activities > import accountant changes from file.
- Next you’ll have to locate accountant copy with .qby extension.
- Select and open it.
How Can You Review Changes?
Once completed the importing steps, tap on review modifications.
- You’ll see a + symbol next to every change. Tap on it to view details.
- You can either choose print or save as PDF to copy this altered Accountant Copy QuickBooks for future reference.
- Now hit incorporate accountant’s changes to sync accountant copy to your original company file.
- Now hit ok. It will prompt to create a backup, tap ok.
- Choose location to save this > ok.
- After the backup is finished, hit ok.
- You can review all the alterations under the Incorporate Accountant’s Changes window. Once done, close it.
How To Remove QuickBooks Accountant Copy Restrictions?
Make sure you have taken your accountant’s permission before you start to remove the restrictions.
- Open the file menu.
- Go to the accountant’s copy.
- Select remove restrictions option.
- If you definitely want to delete the restrictions, tick the checkbox.
- Followed by hitting on ok.
We have discussed everything about QuickBooks Accountant Copy. In this article you’ll learn what Accountant Copy QuickBooks is, How To Send Accountant Copy Of QuickBooks, How To Make Accountant Copy Of QuickBooks and much more. QuickBooks accountant copy helps you to continue your work while you send your data file to your accountant or CPA for reviewing and alterations.
If any queries pop up, you can always contact the customer support team. We’ll help you with all your doubts and provide you a satisfactory solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1: How do I get out of an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks?
- Open file menu.
- Go to send company file.
- accountant ‘s copy > client activities.
- Tap on remove restrictions.
- Hit yes i want to remove accountant copy restrictions.
- Hit ok.
Q.2: Is there an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks online?
A: Yes accountant’s copy in QuickBooks online is a feature that allows you to send your data files to your accountant and you can continue your work thereafter. The accountant will review and modify the file and send them back to you which further can be merged customers to your company file.