Everyone who belongs to the accounting industry is aware of the Quickbooks software and many of the companies use this software for tracking their financial activities. Quickbooks was usually developed for every device, i.e both Mac and Windows. But now it has been decided that Quickbooks won’t be available for Mac systems anymore. Mac users have two options, either to transfer the Quickbooks for mac to windows or try using the online version of the Quickbooks software. Many people do not want to use the online version and they do not know to transfer QuickBooks from mac to windows. Quickbooks has made it very simple transfer Quickbooks for Mac to Windows and vice versa. Read this article to know everything about how to carry out the process to transfer. This article is all about how you can transfer Quickbooks for Mac to windows. We have mentioned simple steps to transfer Quickbooks.
Reasons to Recommend using Desktop Version over the Online Version
There are some reasons why we recommend you to convert the Quickbooks Mac to Windows rather than going for the online version. Read the list below. You can also read the Quickbooks hosting review if you want to opt for the Quickbooks hosting.
- The factor is costing. If you want to opt for the online version, you will be required to pay monthly for it. In case, you will opt for the desktop version, then you will have to pay only one time at the time of the installation.
- The other factor is the features provided by both of the versions. Quickbooks desktop version provides you with two different methods in which you can manage your inventory but in case of the online version, it provides you with only one way.
- The next factor that we consider is that Quickbooks desktop can allow you to make transactions, send data, send invoices to a group of people. But if you are using the online version, you will not be able to perform this action.
- The last reason that we consider is that you can customise the Quickbooks desktop according to your industry and your needs but the online portal is created keeping in mind the general scenario.
Prepare your Mac files for transfer
Before starting to transfer Quickbooks for Mac to Windows, you are needed to prepare your file for the same. Follow the steps that we have mentioned below to prepare your Mac version for the transfer.
- The first thing that you need to do is to update the Quickbooks on your Mac system.
- The next thing is that you will have to check the name of your file if any special character is present or not. In case it is present, you will have to change the name of the file by removing that character.
- The next thing is that you will have to go the option to customise the transaction details.
- In the window, you will have to select all the dates.
- Next, you will have to submit and wait for the report to process.
- If there is still any transaction present with a name exceeding 50 characters and having any special character, you have to delete it.
- Next, you will have to remove the reports and all the transactions.
- Lastly, you will have to sort the list again.
- If any of the files is damaged, make sure to repair it first and again add it.
Transfer Quickbooks from Mac to Windows
Once you have prepared your files for the transfer, the next step is to transfer Quickbooks for Mac to Windows. Follow the steps that have been mentioned below to enable you to transfer Quickbooks from Mac to the windows.
- For starting the transfer process, first, go to the Quickbooks software on your Mac system.
- The next step is to create a duplicate of the files for your Windows version. You will have to go to the company option and look for an option to create a duplicate.
- The next thing that you have to do is rename the duplicate file so that you are not confused between the two and none of it overrides the other.
- The next step is that you will have to transfer the duplicate copy to your system having Windows. You will be required to use an external device to connect the two systems.
- Now, you will have to go to the QuickBooks desktop on your windows system.
- Now you will be required to restore the file that you have created.
- You will have to select the folder in which you want to restore your file.
- Submit the changes that you have made.
This was it. It was all about how to transfer Quickbooks for Mac to windows. All the process have been mentioned in simple steps so that you can carry out the process easily. You can also reach our support to help you with any questions or queries regarding the Quickbooks software.