If you’re a business owner using QuickBooks, you’re probably no stranger to error codes. However, the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002 can be especially frustrating because it can disrupt your payroll process. In this post, we’ll provide 4 methods to help resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002. This error can occur for a number of reasons, but following these steps can help you fix the issue and get back to managing your payroll. Let’s get started!
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002?
QuickBooks Error 2002 occurs when you are trying to make a new file but can’t due to an issue in payroll. Whenever you use QBs payroll then you need to enter a PIN and if you enter the wrong PIN then this error will pop up on your screen. In that case, they will ask you to re-enter the correct PIN. Because of this, you must make sure that you are logging in with the proper credentials before you can troubleshoot the mistake.
PIN Entry Tips to Keep in Mind
Here are a few points that you should keep in mind before making a PIN:
- There should be one number & letter.
- If you want to make sure that PIN is entered correctly, check the caps lock and num lock keys.
- An application for a payroll transaction is required.
- Your PIN should be in between 8-12 characters.
Read More - How to Configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports?
Possible Reasons of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002 triggers because of several reasons. In order to get rid of the QuickBooks error 2002, you must remove it from its source. To do that, you must know its sources, which are:
- Due to corrupted QBs company file.
- Using the wrong PIN to sign in into QBs payroll.
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks or Windows.
- Partial installation of recent updates due to weak internet connection.
- You may also experience this error if your payroll subscription is inactive.
- Wrong entries have been recorded.
Resolving Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002
Your first task is to fix QuickBooks error code 2002 when it appears on your window. It is more important, however to know what it is and how it affects your system. It’s time to immediately fix QuickBooks error 2002 at this point.
Solution 1: Use “QuickBooks File Doctor Tool”
QuickBooks file doctor is a universal tool that is made in such a way that helps in recovering corrupted company files and fixing issues related to internet connectivity. To use follow the steps:
- Choose Company File Issues within the QBs tool hub.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose the company file from the drop option.
- Tap on Check your file and write your QBs admin password.
Solution 2: Re-enter the Right PIN
When using QuickBooks payroll, entering an invalid PIN could result in such an error. To fix the problem, we advise that you retype the PIN accurately or generate a new PIN. The characters of your PIN should be between 8 and 12 and should be entered with care to guarantee case sensitivity.
Solution 3: Use ‘Repair Utility’
The repair utility will check files, even replace it if needed, and also fix registry entries. Here are the instructions that you need to follow to make use of the repair utility:
- Sign in to your PC as an Administrator.
- Ensure to have good internet connectivity then download PayrollSubini.exe.
- Now, Run the Repair Utility option.
- You have to see if any Payroll updates is there by looking at the procedure below:
- Click on Employees and choose Payroll Updates.
- Wait for a few minutes till it gets downloaded.
- Lastly, reopen QBs again.
Read More - How to Use Manual Payroll in QuickBooks?
Solution 4: Setup Windows Firewall to Unlock QBs Updates
Windows firewalls will protect your system from any threats. Sometimes, due to viruses, it may show errors. To fix it, you need to look at the instructions below:
- Hold Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Write Windows Firewall in search and select Advanced Settings.
- Move to Inbound Rules and click on New Rule.
- Choose Port and make sure that TCP is pre-marked.
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 2002 happens when you are trying to make a new file but can’t due to an issue in payroll. The reason can be corrupted QBs company files or using an outdated version of QuickBooks. Therefore, the solutions that we have mentioned will fix this error. But still, if you have any doubts or any queries then you can call or chat with us. We will be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix a connection error in QuickBooks?
- Update to the latest release.
- Restart QuickBooks
- Run the Quick Fix my Program.
Q2. How do you fix payroll errors?
- Run as Administrator.
- Update Windows Permissions
Q3. What are some of the possible causes of payroll run errors?
- Incorrect Tax Forms.
- Not Updating Tax Rates.
- Not Tracking Employee Hours Correctly.
- Errors in Calculating Overtime.