QuickBooks users can sometimes want to sync QuickBooks between two computers o increase the productivity of the company and as well reduce the workload. It is better more than one system can access the same file and can work on it because it saves the time to use the same file individually. Many of the Quickbooks users are confused about how to sync QuickBooks between two computers. In this article, we are going to talk about how to sync QuickBooks in two computers in simple steps.
Procedure to synchronize QuickBooks files on different computers
In case you feel like you want to synchronize your files on one system to the other system, you can use two methods for the same. You can use any method that you prefer:
- The very first method is that you will be required to select the appropriate options for installation of the product on both the systems and then try to connect both computers over a similar network.
- The next option is to first remove the QuickBooks and then again install it on both the systems with appropriate options.
The stepwise process to sync QuickBooks between two computers
Below is the stepwise process to sync the QuickBooks. Follow the steps in the sequence as they are mentioned to avoid any errors in the process.
- The initial step is to download and install the data transfer utility on your system and transfer QuickBooks. make sure that your system is the host system. If another system is the host system, you are needed to download and install it on the host system.
- Next, you will have to copy the company file from the host computer and paste it to the secondary computer.
- After this, you will have to start the QuickBooks application on your host system and then open the company file using the secondary system.
- Next, you will have to select the option for an open-source company and then you will have to choose the option for exporting the data from the open-source file.
- You will then have to select the option to permit full access to the data and then click on the Ok tab.
- Next, you will have to go to the data transfer utility and uncheck the option for the connected to field option.
- Now, you will then have to close the company file in QuickBooks.
- The next step is to open/restore the company file on your system.
- After this, you will have to choose an option for opening the destination company of the data transfer utility in the import data option.
- Once done, you will be again asked for the permissions for the access of the file and you will again have to grant them full access.
- Next, you will again have to click on the close option for the connected devices.
- Again, the user has to close the company file in the QuickBooks software.
- Once this is done, you will then have to select the data type and then the change option.
- Lastly, in the data transfer utility, you will have to go to import the data and then finally click on the import data.
- Once done, you can see the synced file between the computers.
Read more:- How to restore the QuickBooks Backup file?
The stepwise process to share the QuickBooks software version between two computers
To share the QuickBooks versions between two computers, you will need to enable the multi-user mode in QuickBooks. Follow the process stepwise as mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks and then go to the File menu.
- You will then have to click on the utility option and then click on the multi-user mode option.
- Confirm for the same.
- Once you have turned on the host, you will now have to follow the steps to complete the process.
- Initially, you will have to go to the server computer, and then on that system, you will have to find the database.
- You will then get an option for the database server manager in the dropdown menu and then select it.
- After this, you will have to save the files. You can get a folder by default or you can browse for the folder.
- After this, you will have to click on the start scan option and wait till the process completes.
- Lastly, after the process is completed you will have to run the QuickBooks on other computers in the multi-user mode.
Read more:- How to Fix QuickBooks multi user mode not working?
Syncing QuickBooks on two computers can sometimes be a tricky process. Though it is simple but can prove to be tedious for some people. We have mentioned the process in detail. If you still face any error while carrying out the procedure, you can call us and we will be available for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I use QuickBooks on 2 computers at the same time?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks on 2 computers. But for this, you will need to change your QuickBooks settings. You will need to switch your QuickBooks to multi-user from its default setting, that is single user.
Q2. How do I share a QuickBooks company file with another computer?
You can follow the steps given below to share the QuickBooks company file with another computer.
- First of all, right-click on the file that you want to share.
- Now click on the “Properties” tab.
- After this, tap on “Share this folder”.
- Go to the “Security” option and allow all users to have access to this file.
- Click on “OK” and you are good to go.
Q3. Can I use QuickBooks Online for two businesses?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks for two different businesses. For this, your user id and password would be the same, however, you would need to pay different subscription fees for both businesses.