QuickBooks error code 1327 is a QuickBooks error that you can face while you are trying to install the QuickBooks application on your system. Usually, the message indicates that QuickBooks is not able to find the destination drive, hence, blocking the installation process. Getting rid of the QuickBooks error 1327 is important to complete the QuickBooks installation process.
In this article, we have mentioned different ways that you can use to fix the QuickBooks error code 1327. Read the full article to know the difference and easiest ways to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1327.
What is Quickbooks Error 1327?
QuickBooks Error 1327 is the most prominent error of Quickbooks. If you have been working on QuickBooks for a few years, then you must be very well aware of this error. This error comes when you try to install something. Basically, it is an installation issue that can be resolved by enhancing the installation process with a few tweaks.
Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Error 1327
There are many reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 1327. Read the following ways before starting the troubleshooting methods:
- You can encounter the QuickBooks error 1327 if the storage devices are corrupted or the connection to the storage device is loose.
- If the .net framework on your system is corrupted, you can face the 1327 QuickBooks error.
- Other than this, if the registry settings of Windows are not configured properly, you can encounter this error while installing QuickBooks.
Signs of the QuickBooks Error 1327
Check out the indications of the QuickBooks Error 1327 below to understand the nature of the error.
- The Operating system of your windows crashes.
- Your QuickBooks accounting software gets frozen frequently.
- The system responds slowly to the inputs.
- Error messages pop up.
Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error 1327
Follow the below-mentioned steps in a sequential manner to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 1327.
Ensure Connections for the Storage Devices
The very first solution is to make sure that you have connected the storage devices properly. Make sure that none of the connections is loose. You are also needed to ensure that all the flash drives or the USBs you have used to install the QuickBooks on your system are in good condition and are working properly.
Repair .Net Framework
The very next solution is to repair the .net framework on your system to fix QuickBooks error 1327. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the .Net framework:
- The very first step is to go to the control panel on the system.
- After this, you are needed to click on the windows feature to turn off/on the option.
- Once done, you are required to fill in the Quickbooks admin password to proceed with the process.
- After this, you are needed to click on the .net framework to disable the .net framework.
- After this, you will be needed to restart your system.
- Once done, you will be required to follow the same set of steps to enable the .net framework.
Repair the Registry Settings
The next solution in the list is to repair the registry settings. Follow the steps mentioned below to repair the registry settings.
- First, you will be needed to create a backup for the registry of your windows.
- After this, you will be required to press the Windows key and the R key. After this, you are needed to type Regedit in the type box and hit the enter button.
- Once done, it will redirect you to the registry editor.
- In the editor, you will be needed to look for the entry related to the drive for which you are facing the QuickBooks error 1327.
- After that, you are required to rename the incorrect names to the C drive.
- Now, you are needed to restart your system and then try to install QuickBooks. Once you have completed the installation process, you will be required to change the name of the drive back to what was original.
Remove the Network Drive
The next solution in the list is to remove the network drive from the system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are needed to click on the start icon on your system.
- After this, you are needed to click on the programs option and then choose the windows explorer option.
- Once done, you will be needed to select a network drive and then click on the ok option.
- After this, you are needed to click on the option to map the network device.
- you are needed to make sure that you have unchecked the option for shell file.
- Once done, you are needed to confirm it by clicking on the ok button.
- Lastly, you will be needed to restart your computer and try to install the QuickBooks application.
Read more:- What is QuickBooks Network Data File and How to open it?
Install Windows Again by Creating a New Account
For this solution, you are needed to create a new account for your Windows and then install the windows again on your system.
- The very initial step is to click on the start icon on the screen.
- After that, you are needed to go to the settings option.
- There, you are required to click on the accounts option and then click on the option to add an account.
- After this, you are required to fill up the credentials asked of you.
Windows 7 or 8:
- First, you are needed to go to the control panel on your system and then go to the user accounts option.
- After this, you will be required to click on the option to add an account.
- Now, you will be needed to enter the name of the account and make the account type admin.
- After this, you are needed to fill up the information and create the account.
- Once done, you will have to sign in to your system using the login details of the new account.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is one of the best methods to resolve most of the errors in QuickBooks. Follow the below-listed steps to use the QBs install diagnostic tool to fix Error 1327 in QuickBooks.
- To start with, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool hub from the official website.
- Open the quickBookstoolhub.exe file. Accept the license agreement and follow the on-screen guidelines to install the tool.
- After successful installation, open the tool.
- Click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Next, single-click on the QBs Install diagnostic tool. It will start with scanning the error.
- If the error is found, it will automatically be fixed by the tool.
- Lastly, you need to restart the system to check whether the error is fixed or not.
Read more: Versions of QuickBooks compatible with windows 10
Resolving QuickBooks error 1327 can be easy but a tricky one. We believe that all the methods that we have mentioned in the article will help you to fix the QuickBooks error code 1327. In case you encounter the QuickBooks error 1327 even after carrying out the steps mentioned above, call our executives for guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 How do I fix error 1328 in QuickBooks?
You can simply fix the error 1328 in QuickBooks by reinstalling the software, and You can use QB install to fix the error.
Q.2 Can you restart QuickBooks reconciliation?
If your begging balance is correct, then you are all set to reconcile.
Q.3 Can I reset QuickBooks and start over?
Yes, you can do so. Well, this is possible when you delete all the data from your file, and then you are all set to start a new.