Quickbooks sometimes face glitches and errors despite being one of the best accounting software. Quickbooks abort error is one such error. Quickbooks abort error is caused due to the damage in QBWUSER.INI file. It can be encountered by many users and there is no certain reason that a user is going to face this error. It can distract your workflow causing your system to crash many times. There are chances that whenever you open up the Quickbooks, it automatically closes it, disrupting your work. If you have encountered this error, there are chances that many of the Quickbooks operations are not going to work properly. Many of Quickbooks users are unaware of how to resolve the Quickbooks abort error. In this article, we are going to discuss how you can resolve the Quickbooks abort error. We have mentioned different ways and their respective steps to resolve the Quickbooks abort error. Read the article till the end.
Reason for Quickbooks abort error
There is no certain reason that you are facing the Quickbooks abort error. But there can be some possible reasons that you are facing the Quickbooks abort error. Read the list of all the possible reasons.
- If any of the QuickBooks updates is pending or incomplete on your system, you will face this error.
- In case your hard drive is damaged or corrupted, you are going to encounter this error.
- If the QBWUSER.INI file is lost or missing, you are going to face this error.
- You can encounter this error if you are using various versions of the Quickbooks in the multi-user mode.
Outcomes of the Quickbooks abort error
If you are facing Quickbooks abort error then there can be some of the outcomes you are going to face. If you are facing any of the mentioned symptoms, you will encounter Quickbooks abort error.
- The Quickbooks will start to shut down automatically frequently.
- Your system starts crashing more frequently.
- The program on your computer starts crashing frequently.
- The Quickbooks software will automatically get terminated.
Ways to resolve the Quickbooks abort error
We are mentioning some of how you can resolve the Quickbooks abort error much easily and in simple steps.
Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- The first step is to look for the folder in which your file is stored.
- Now, you will have to go to the Quickbooks folder in the C drive.
- After this, you will have to go to the.INI file and then add a postfix of .old with the name of the file.
- Once done with this, you will have to rename .ecml file.
- Lastly, you will have to open the file on your system.
Use Quickbooks install diagnostic tool
- The other recommended solution is to download and install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool on your system.
- The first step is to download the diagnostic tool from the official website and then install it on your system.
- One done with that, you will have to run the tool on your system.
- In case no error is detected, it simply means that your files are not damaged.
- And if any error is detected, you will be required to create a backup and resolve the error.
Check the hosting status
- The first step is to open the Quickbooks software and then go to the utility option.
- There you will see an option to stop the multi-user mode.
- Choose that option.
- After this, you will have to go to the file that you want to open.
- While opening the file, make sure you can see a checkbox to open the file in the multi-user mode.
Verify and rebuild the Utility
- The first step is to open the Quickbooks software and then go to the utility tab.
- There you will see an option to verify data. Click on the option.
- If there is no error detected, you are not needed to follow the further mentioned steps. and if you get an error message, you will be needed to follow the further mentioned steps.
- Go to the utility option and then go to the option to rebuild the data.
- Once done, you will be required to create a backup. Choose the location where you want to store the backup.
- Wait till it is rebuilding the data.
- Once done, retrieve the data from the backup file.
Download and install the Quickbooks file doctor tool
- The last recommended method is to use the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- You can download it from the official website of Intuit.
- Once downloaded, the next step is to install it.
- After this, run the Quickbooks file doctor tool on your system and it will detect the problems that your files are facing and resolve them.
In case, any of the solutions don’t work for you. You can contact our customer support and we will assist you in resolving the Quickbooks abort error.