Quickbooks error code 20 is the common error that you can face whenever you update your system or the Windows. The error usually occurs after the update because the drivers become incompatible and can not be connected to the software. With the error code 20 in Quickbooks, you will always see a message indicating that the printer is not activated. When you face this error, it becomes impossible for you to print anything from the Quickbooks software and can disrupt your workflow. Below is the list of few things that you need to keep in mind before proceeding with the process of fixing the Quickbooks error code 20.
- Make sure you always create a backup of the registry and the files of Quickbooks.
- Next, you are needed to decide a restore point from where you will have to restore the backup if needed.
In this article, we are going to talk about the different causes and the fixes for the Quickbooks error code 20.
Factors leading to Quickbooks error code 20
Some of the possible factors that can lead to the Quickbooks error code 20 are listed below.
- In case your Quickbooks version is not compatible with the operating system of the system.
- If your Windows registry is corrupted or damaged.
- Incorrect or inappropriate installation of the Quickbooks software.
- Outdated or incorrect application key entered.
- Drivers are not configured properly.
Troubleshooting ways to resolve Quickbooks error code 20
Quickbooks error code 20 is easy to fix and can be fixed using easy methods. All the methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error code 20 are mentioned below.
Install Quickbooks again
The very first method is to install Quickbooks software again on your system. follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to go to the control panel on your system and click on the uninstall a program option.
- From the list of the programs, look for the Quickbooks application.
- Next, you will be needed to uninstall Quickbooks software from your system.
- After this, you will have to wait until the uninstall is running.
- Next, you will have to go to the official website of Intuit and download the latest version of the Quickbooks.
- Once done, install it on your system and then set it up.
- Check if you still face the error.
Update registry key
The next solution is to update your registry key manually. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to open the registry editor on your system.
- Next, you will have to type Regedit.
- You are needed to run your system as an admin.
- Next, you will be required to right-click on the software icon and then go to the permission option.
- You are now needed to make sure that you are having a full control on the table.
- Last, you are needed to hit the ok button and close both the software and the window editor.
Set the printer spooler
The next option is to configure printer spooler service on your system and for this, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to open the run window by clicking on the windows key and the R key together.
- After this, you need to enter Msc in the type box.
- After this, you will be required to right-click on the printer spooler service.
- Now, you will have to click on the properties option and then opt to stop the service.
- Next, you will be needed to click on the stop service option.
- Last, you will have to try to print anything.
Disable the UAC
The next option is to disable the User account control settings and then try to print. Follow the steps mentioned.
- The very initial step is to press the Windows and R key together and then open the control panel on your system.
- In the control panel window, you will be required to click on the user account option.
- After this, you will have to choose the option to change the user access control settings and in the settings, you are needed to click on the never notify option.
- Once done, you will have to save the settings and close the window.
Fix the Microsoft document writer
Lastly, you can also resolve the Quickbooks error code 20 by fixing the document writer component. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you are needed to click on the Quickbooks application icon and then choose the file location option.
- After this, You are needed to go to the temp folder.
- Now, you will be needed to look for the .exe file and once found, you will have to click on it. It will then start the installation process.
- Complete the installation process.
- next, you will have to start the Quickbooks application and then register using the license number.
- In case, you face any error while installing the ABS pdf driver, you will be needed to carry out the installation process again.
- Once done, you will have to try to print using the Quickbooks software.
We beileve that you found the blog informative for you and you are benefitted from it. Above we have mentioned all the possible ways to get rid of the Quickbooks error code 20 and simple steps related to every process. In case you again encounter the Quickbooks error code 20, feel free to call us and we will be glad to help you. Our technical team will provide you with precise and early solutions.