QuickBooks has made it easy for keeping a record of transactions or maintaining accounts for small and medium-sized businesses. That’s why it is very popular and widely used. But, as you start to familiarize yourself with the software then you must notice that you are facing errors that frustrate you as you can’t complete your tasks. QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 is one such error. This arises when you are executing code in your Excel file. The focus of this article is on QuickBooks timer runtime error 13. To know what it is and what are the reasons and solutions to fix this error. Stay tuned with us.
Overview of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13
Runtime error 13 type mismatch prevails when several files are needed to launch a program that requires VB or you are trying to execute a code in an Excel file. It will affect your process and stop all your current tasks. It can affect your XLS or XLSX files. You need to fix it soon otherwise it will damage your excel files.
Causes of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13
There can be a lot of factors due to which you are getting QuickBooks runtime error 13. Just have a look at them:
- When a VBA Excel file is currently open, you may face a clash with another program.
- Corrupted or partial installation of MS Excel.
- If you have unintentionally clicked on the function/macro present option that is made by a distinct macro.
- Excel files are damaged by spyware or virus attacks.
- There is a dispute among Excel applications & OS.
- QuickBooks Runtime Error 13 also arises if you are running VBA code but it doesn’t match your data type.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Runtime Error 13
Following are the symptoms that help you to identify the error and make you aware that you are encountering QuickBooks timer runtime error 13:
- Your QBs desktop stops working.
- Suddenly your Windows OS gets frozen.
- You will see that the mouse and keyboard stop responding.
- The screen gets blue or hangs.
Best Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Error 13
Here are the solutions which will help you to fix QuickBooks runtime error 13 in just a few minutes:
Solution 1: Uninstall Programs
Due to a few mismatched programs & applications, you may see QuickBooks timer runtime error 13. So, it’s better that you uninstall them by looking at the steps:
- Tap on the Task Manager and close all the programs which can be the cause of this error.
- Hit on Start and then click on the Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove program and select MS Excel.
- Lastly, click on Uninstall to clear it from the PC.
Read More - How to Open QuickBooks in Safe Mode?
Solution 2: Scan for Viruses and Malware
If there is an attack of the virus on your system then it will damage your files. You need to fix it soon and for that follow the instructions:
- Firstly, you need to verify if your antivirus has been upgraded.
- Then, start the scanning process and wait for a few minutes.
- Lastly, check if it is working properly or not.
Solution 3: Run “MS Excel Repair Tool”
In order to restore much of the data, you need to use this tool. Follow the steps to run it:
- Tap on File and open it.
- Then select the location and the folder that has the damaged workbook.
- From the Open option, select Damaged Workbook.
- Hit on Open and Repair and restore data from the workbook.
Read More - How to Merge Two Customers in QuickBooks?
Solution 4: Renew ‘Missing Macros’
You are getting QuickBooks runtime error 13 due to hidden macros. So, try to get them back by looking at the procedure below:
- Open the latest MS Excel file and then look for Manual Calculation Mode.
- Now, choose Macro then tap on Security and High menu within the Tool option.
- Select Trust Center Settings and hit on Macros Settings.
- Click on Disable All Macros without Notification in the Macro option.
- You need to open the damaged workbook and if it opened in MS Excel then a pop-up will appear stating “Macros are Disabled”.
- If your Excel is turned off then you can’t use this method.
- After that, hold Alt + F11 to open VBE.
- Run Project Explorer and choose a module to transfer the file.
- To export a full module, provide a name and folder for it, then repeat these steps as much as necessary.
The above-mentioned post included full details on how to fix QuickBooks Runtime Error 13. If not, get in touch with our support professionals for the best answers to your underlying problems. We’ll provide you with assistance and ideal solutions specific to your issue. Anytime, everywhere, we will be pleased to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I fix a runtime error in QuickBooks?
- Change the name of the QBW.INI file.
- Turn off all Programs open in the background.
- Use QBs with ‘No Data’.
Q2. Why am I getting a runtime error?
Answer – When a website contains HTML code that is incompatible with the functionality of a web browser, runtime issues may result.
Q3. What is the significance of error 13?
Answer – As per this error code, the current user is not authorized to access a file in the system.