The user encounters the QuickBooks error 1904 at the time of installing QuickBooks. If you are updating QuickBooks then again the error may take place. Most users reported about it at the time of switching software from pro to premier.
Well, the issue is more related to Microsoft components that help in the QuickBooks installation. If there is a damaged Microsoft component then the issue can appear. Not only this but upgrading the Windows OS can also arise the possibility of this error.
You might experience a sudden outbreak with a text that goes like “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with installation. Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickBooks 2018\ICWrapper.dll” failed to register”
Symptoms to Identify the QuickBooks Error 1904
Any of these pointers help you to identify the error 1904 QuickBooks issue on your system. Such as:
- Continuous occurrence of an error text.
- There has been QuickBooks installer setup failed issues
- Windows is not performing correctly.
- Corrupted and damaged QuickBooks company file.
- The system is not responding or responding late.
If your system also responds in the same way then try to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Possible Causes behind QuickBooks error 1904 Module Error Failed to Register
If you are receiving this error then any of the following causes might be responsible.
- Damaged Microsoft components such as Microsoft C++, MSXML, and Microsoft.Net Framework.
- The system has just installed a new Windows OS.
- Upgrading QuickBooks from Pro to Premier.
- Windows admin rights are not provided
- The security application does not let the installation.
- QuickBooks installer file is corrupted.
Important Points to consider before fixing QuickBooks Error 1904
Before proceeding ahead, it is recommended to carry out these things:
- Create a backup of the company file.
- Update Windows for multi-user mode.
- Run QuickBooks as an admin.
- Clean all the files and folders providing issues
- Don’t interrupt while QuickBooks installation is going on.
After conducting these things, you become ready to conduct the solutions. So, move towards the next section and explore different ways through which you can easily eliminate it.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Here are several solutions that a user can try on his/her own. Conduct each solution wisely to resolve error 1904 QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- To initiate, close the QuickBooks software.
- Navigate towards the Intuit site
- Then, try to locate the updated version of QuickBooks Tool Hub 18.104.22.168
- You need to download the same by hitting the green tab titled Download.
- After that, just open the downloaded file QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- Carry out each step nicely prompted on your screen.
- Also, hit Agree to the Terms and conditions.
- Just access the tool hub.
- You can search its name on the Search Panel if couldn’t locate the tool.
- If the tool opens then choose the Installation Issues button.
- Pick QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from there.
- The tool will complete the scanning in 20-25 minutes.
- So, just wait till the procedure is running.
- Restart the system.
- Further, examine the issue by installing QuickBooks software again.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Installation
- At first, close QuickBooks.
- Move towards the Control Panel now.
- Thereafter, tap Programs.
- Next, you need to navigate toward the Programs and Features button.
- Also, choose Uninstall.
- Click Next.
- Then, tap the Radio button.
- Click the Next option.
- Consequently, click on the Repair tab.
- Finally, just click Finish.
Solution 3: Modify the User Permission
This solution would be done in two simple steps. Make sure to go through each step carefully for conducting this solution.
1. Switch to Windows Admin Account
- First of all, hit the Start button.
- Then, specify CMD in the search panel.
- You will see a command prompt now.
- Make sure to perform a right-click on it.
- Scroll down the options and choose Run as administrator.
- Now, spicy “net user administrator/active: yes” in the command window.
- Hit Enter.
- Make sure to close the window after completing the installation.
- Again, just open the Windows Start menu.
- Hit the Sign-out button.
- Click on the Administrator account.
- Also, sign in to this without providing the admin credentials.
Also Read: QuickBooks error 15241.
2. Modify User Permission
- To begin with, open the Search menu.
- Then, specify the File explorer.
- Try to locate the C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Perform a right-click on the Common Files folder.
- Thereafter, choose the Properties button.
- Visit the Security option.
- Tap Edit now.
- Later, choose Users found within the Group or user names.
- Go to the Permissions for Users option.
- Also, try to enable the Modify, List folder contents, Read & execute, Write, and Read.
- Hit Apply and OK button in the last.
Solution 4: Update Windows
- Hit the Start button of your system.
- Put in the Windows Update in the search bar.
- Then, choose to Check for Updates.
- Go through all the updates available for the system.
- If you find any then make sure to install them.
- Restart your computer after completing this procedure.
Solution 5: Fix QuickBooks Establishment
- Close the QuickBooks software.
- After that, click on the required projects and offices.
- Make sure to pick QuickBooks from there.
- Now, hit the Uninstall button.
- Also, choose Next when the QuickBooks establishment window opens.
- Once done, click on the Radio to catch.
- Subsequently, choose Next.
- Hit Repair.
- Finally, hit Finish.
Also See: QuickBooks error 1722.
Solution 6: Windows Components
If still, you face the same issue then try to repair the Windows components with these steps:
- First of all, the user needs to re-install the MS.Net framework.
- Then, try to repair the MSXML component.
Make sure to examine the status of the error issue. If it is entirely gone then you are not required to move further. However, if not then conduct the next solution.
Solution 7: QuickBooks Configuration to the exception list of firewall and security application
If you use Bitdefender on your system then configure the firewall and antivirus with the help of these steps.
- Try to add C:/Program Files/Common Files for a 32-bit Windows OS.
- And, C:/Program Files/Intuit (C:/Program Files(x86)/Intuit for a 64-bit Windows OS.
Solution 8: Adobe Flash Player Reinstallation
If the QuickBooks error 1904 appears at the time of reinstalling the adobe flash player then use these steps for resolving the issue.
- To initiate, download the QuickBooks diagnostic tool.
- Just run this tool on your device.
- Head towards the Start menu.
- Specify Control Panel inside the Search bar.
- Hit Enter to open the same.
- Later, go through the list of installed programs.
- Try to locate the Adobe Flash Player ActiveX there.
- Make sure to uninstall it.
- Follow each instruction prompted on your computer screen.
- Wait there till the uninstallation procedure is going on.
- If Adobe Flash Player is uninstalled completely, then try to download it again.
- Finally, just reinstall the program.
- Then, launch it.
If you receive the error message “QuickBooks error 1904 module icwrapper.dll failed to register.” then make sure to conduct the following steps.
Solution 9: Resolve QBversionTool.dll
The user is first required to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool to fix this error. Then, conduct these two steps more:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Then, specify Notepad inside the Search field.
- After that, enter QBTEST there.
- Just move towards the File menu.
- Hit Save As button.
- Also, save the file to any of the following locations “C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files” and “C:/Program Files/Common Files”
If the user becomes unable to save the folder then try to sign in and install QuickBooks with admin rights.
Installing QuickBooks as Admin
- Head towards the Windows Start menu.
- Hit the Sign Out button.
- Thereafter, click on the Administrator account.
- Also, sign in to that.
- Make sure that the account does not seek any password.
- Finally, just install the software with the admin.
So, these are all the expert’s recommended solutions for QuickBooks error 1904 module icwrapper.dll failed to register. We hope you like this guide concerning solutions and everything. However, if there is anything that you want to ask us then let us know through the comment below.