When you try to download the bank account transaction or the credit card online account transaction and QuickBooks can’t confirm the connection to your bank account then you have QuickBooks error 355 on your system.
This error may signify that Bank API data is inaccurate or misplaced. An error message will appear on your screen like “An issue appears in Account connection. There is some trouble with getting your bank account. Please try again after some time”.
As this is a banking error, you need to be alert when it appears. In this article, we will provide you with the causes, and troubleshooting ways to fix error 355 QuickBooks online that will keep your worries away, save your time and help you resolve the issue quickly. Let’s begin.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 355
There are many reasons behind error 355 QuickBooks online but we mentioned some most common ones:
- The most common reason is the disconnection of your account in QuickBooks.
- When you make some changes to your profile and do not save successfully then this error may occur.
- At the events of QuickBooks online not supporting your bank connection.
- Web browser Cache data may stop your online activity.
- You may face the issue when your official website is under maintenance.
Solutions to Troubleshoot the Bank Connection QB Error 355
Here are some effortless solutions that help you resolve the QuickBooks online banking error 355. Follow all the steps carefully and accurately:-
Solution 1- Update and Try Reconnecting Your Bank Account
- First of all, you have to open your QuickBooks online.
- Then, go to the banking menu tab and open it.
- Now, all the economic info will show on your screen, you have to choose and click on them.
- Check for the update and click on the update button, if any latest update is available then the download will start automatically.
- After that, when the update is completed successfully then start to reconnect your bank account.
- Move to the banking tab and click on it to open and choose your bank.
- Now, a pencil symbol will display on your screen, click on the icon and select the “Edit sign-in info” option.
- Review and check the details by using your login credentials.
- After verifying the details, click on the save and connect option for confirmation.
- Lastly, reopen your QuickBooks to check whether the QuickBooks error 355 is resolved or not.
Solution 2- Practice a Resolution Method in Web Browser
After you perform the first solution to fix QuickBooks error 355, follow the below-mentioned steps in the web browser to fix the 355 error code QuickBooks online:-
- First of all, clean the junk file from your browser and also remove the cache and cookies data.
- Open the chrome then click on the three-dot tool icon.
- Then, go to setting and tap on security and privacy.
- Now, click on the clean button and verify the boxes for the below-mentioned options:-
– All-Time in the Time Range
– data of cookies and other sites
– images or files in Caches
- Then, clear on the clear and remove all the files.
- Now, you can try to use the incognito or private mode because it doesn’t save any information. Just press Ctrl+Shift+N at the same time to open the incognito mode.
- If still the issue appears then use the different browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
Know- How to convert Quickbooks desktop to Online
Solution 3- Manually Upload Transactions in QB Online
If the resolution method in the web browser did not resolve the QuickBooks error 355, you can manually upload the transaction. Here’s how:
- First of all, you have to open the QuickBooks and then go to the Banking and transaction menu.
- Then, go through the link account menu on the drop-down, and select an option to upload transactions or upload from the file.
- Now, you have to choose the browser and open the file that you have downloaded from the bank.
- The instruction will display on your screen that you have to follow carefully. Then, match the column of the file with the right fields. which you want to import the transaction.
- Finally, select them. And click on the yes button to import the transaction.
Also Read: Easy Guide to Fix Quickbooks won't open error
Solution 4- Remove Cache and Open Incognito Mode
- Firstly, open the chrome then go to the right corner and tap on the three dots icon.
- Then, move to the more option and choose the “Clear Browsing Data”. Press and hold the Ctrl+Shift+Del at the same time to open.
- When clear browsing data open then move to the three options and select them such as Browsing history, cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- After that, tap on the clear data option to verify.
- Now, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift+N button together to open the incognito window in your browser.
- Finally, you can access QuickBooks online in Incognito mode.
Solution 5- Start Quick Disconnect and Reconnect Process
In this solution, To refresh the details by deleting and again adding all your bank details and also remove issues. Follow the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1- Check the list of transactions that were downloaded
- Initially, open the QuickBooks and then click on the banking or transaction tab.
- Then, mark a tick on the bank account to disconnect them.
- Now, click on the For Review option and verify the transaction that occurs on the list. If you want to re-download any transaction then you have to add, review and match them.
Step 2- To Disconnect, Remove the Bank Account
- Again, you have to click on the Banking option and mark tick on the same relevant bank account.
- Now, hit the pencil icon, which you want to update and select the Edit account info.
- Also, you have to mark the “Disconnect this account on save” option.
- Then, tap on the Save and close button to delete the account.
Step 3- To Reconnect, Add Bank Account Again
- You have to click on the banking menu and then choose the link account option that shows on the list.
- Now, search and choose the bank that is presented in the list, and then you have to follow all the instructions that display on-screen to successfully complete the reconnection.
Solution 6- Move From Standard to Open Banking
In this step, you have to use the open banking to reconnect your bank account:-
- First of all, you have to open your bank account and click on the Add Account option.
- You can use Paypal, search for it and tap on the Continue option.
- Now, you will show some instructions on the screen that you have to follow and it will help you to authorize the connection with your QuickBooks account.
- After that, go to the QuickBooks online page and select the account that you want to connect.
- Lastly, to begin open account click on the connect option.
Solution 7- Update Your Banking Information
- Open QuickBooks and then select the transaction or banking option.
- Then, select the banking option and also choose the bank account.
- After that, tap on the setting menu and then click on edit sign-in information.
- Lastly, you have to type the credentials of QuickBooks online banking and then tap on update.
You May Also Like: Common QuickBooks Error Codes - Complete List (ALL Versions)
QuickBooks error 355 is a banking error that should be resolved immediately. Above we have discussed how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 355 in simple steps We hope that all the pieces of information mentioned are helpful for you and resolve this error from your system. If you have any doubts or misapprehension then check out our other articles as well.