QuickBooks Error 6123 0 - Solved in Simple Steps
Call us for instant help – We are available 24*7
QuickBooks error -6123, 0 can be encountered by the user when he tries to open a company file or try to restore a backup of the company file. This is also a 6000 series error and can sometimes be critical, hence, needed to solve as soon as possible. You may get this error when you try to access a file in QuickBooks using the multi-user mode. You will get an error message indicating that you are no more connected to the QuickBooks file or you have lost the connection. This error is most likely to affect both the software and your company file. Here is a technical article to help you easily resolve the QuickBooks error 6123 0. Various procedures are mentioned to carry out the process of resolving the QuickBooks error in simple steps and no time so that you can keep working smoothly.
Possible Reasons of QuickBooks Error 6123 0
Below is the list of feasible reasons due to which you are going to face the QuickBooks error 6123,0.
- The operating system on your computer is corrupted or flawed.
- There is an issue with the server where you have stored your file.
- You have not constructed your firewall settings accurately.
- Any technical issues with your company file.
- Settings of your anti-virus are not configured correctly.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks error 6123 0
Lists of all the feasible fixes for the QuickBooks error -6123, 0 have been mentioned below. You can go for the one solution that you can opt for:
Initiate the file doctor
- The number one step is to install and use the QuickBooks file doctor tool on your tool.
- Once it is installed, you will have to find the file that you want to use.
- Once found, you will have to select for the damage the only option and then proceed with the diagnosis.
- After this, it will ask you to add authorization details to fill. Enter them correctly.
- Either you can open a new file or you can opt for repairing the older version.
- After this, you will have to start your computer again.
Change the location of your file
If the above solution didn’t work for you, you can try to change the location of the file to another preferred location and run the file. If you are the host and you are running the server, we will recommend you to download the file and try to use it for offline use. If it also does not work, switch to the next solution.
Temporary terminate your security applications
One of the major reasons that you are facing the QuickBooks error 6123, 0 is that your security application is stopping your system from running. There are chances that your security program has treated your QuickBooks as a security threat. Therefore, you will have to try to close the security program on your system and then try to resume the QuickBooks software. Check if you still face the same error.
Use the QuickBooks tool hub
- The very first step is to install and then run the QuickBooks tool hub on your system.
- After the completion of the download, you will have to start the tool.
- There you will get a program problem tab and then you will have to select the fix problem tab.
- After this, you will have to wait until it completes the process to fix.
- Once done, start the QuickBooks software again.
Initiate Auto data recovery
The next solution that we recommend you to try to initiate the QuickBooks auto data recovery feature to resolve the QuickBooks error 6123 0. We recommend this solution because there are chances that your files are damaged or corrupted, therefore, running the auto data recovery can help you to save recover those files. You are required to restore the copy of the .adr file.
Add a new user in Windows
- The very initial step is to go to the control panel on your system.
- After this, you will get an option to add a new user when you will look into the users’ tab in your control panel.
- Next, you will be asked about the type of user, you will have to choose the admin type.
- Once done, it is mandatory to sign out from the admin account you are currently logged in to.
- Once done, shut down your system and then start it again. It will then ask you to enter the password for the new user.
- After this, you will have to change the location of your file to the desktop and then try to start the QuickBooks software.
- Open your company files.
Check the name of the company file
There are chances that you are facing the QuickBooks error -6123, 0 if there is some issue with the name of your company file. You will have to make sure that the size of the name of the file should not exceed 30 characters. Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that the name of your file should not contain a special character or any spaces in it. If you found any, we will recommend you to change it.
Check the folder permissions
You will have to look for the folder in which you have stored your QuickBooks software. You will have to open the QuickBooks and make sure that you and the other users have full access to the company file and also the QuickBooks database permissions.
Critical errors like the QuickBooks error 6123 0 are needed to be resolved as soon as you encounter them. We have discussed all the methods that you can use to fix the QuickBooks error -6123, 0 following the simple steps and we believe after using these methods you will be able to easily resolve the issue. In case you are experiencing the same error again, you can reach us for assistance.