Quickbooks comes up with a feature to connect your bank to the Quickbooks software and perform the banking operations using the Quickbooks only. Connecting a bank to the Quickbooks software can be tricky and many users can face errors while performing the activities. There are many errors that a user can encounter while you are trying to perform banking operations on the Quickbooks software and Quickbooks error oslu 1013 is one of them. It is a banking error that triggers when you are attempting to connect to your bank or you are performing a banking activity. The error can block you from performing any further process and keeps on popping up if you do not fix it. Considering how important a bank activity can be, we have come up with this article to help you to fix the Quickbooks oslu 1013 error. Stay tuned with the article to know simple methods to fix the Quickbooks oslu 1013 error.
Basic troubleshooting steps to perform before proceeding
Here is the list of all the troubleshooting steps that you need to perform before proceeding with the methods that we have mentioned in the next section.
- The very first step is to make sure that you are using the latest version of the Quickbooks software. In case it is not updated, you are needed to update it.
- Next, you have to make sure that you have a good internet connection. You can check it by visiting any website on your browser.
- Other than this, update your internet browser to the latest version and set Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Next, you will have to try to sign in to your online banking using Internet Explorer.
- Ensure that you are using the Quickbooks in a single-user mode.
- Before proceeding make sure that you have created a backup of your files.
Methods to quick fix Quickbooks error oslu 1013
Move default bank account to personal and company preference
The very first method that we have discussed is to keep your default account under the personal and company preference. Follow the steps mentioned.
- Initially, you will have to run the Quickbooks software and then log in to your Quickbooks account as an admin.
- Next, you will have to go to the preferences option and then choose the edit option. Next, you will have to click on the checking option.
- After this, you will have have to choose my preference tab and then choose the default option.
- Next, you are required to go to the company preference and then you will have to select the account that you have to choose as default.
- Lastly, you will have to click on the Ok option and then using your login details, you will have to log in to your bank account.
Employ the express mode in Quickbooks
The next solution is to set the Quickbooks software to use the express mode. Follow the mentioned steps.
- In your Quickbooks software, you are needed to go to the edit option and then to the preferences option.
- Next, you will have to choose the checking option.
- After this, you will have to go to the company preference option and then select the express mode whenever you are redirected to the bank feed.
- Lastly, you will have to save the changes.
Another solution is to create accounts and merge them. Pursue the steps mentioned.
- Initially, you are needed to select the accounts in which you are encountering an error.
- After this, you will have to click on it and edit it.
- Next, you will have to copy the name of the account and add an asterisk (*) as the postfix in the name of the file.
- Once done, you will have to go to bank feed settings and then choose an option to deactivate the services.
- Now, you will have to save it and then go to the chart of accounts.
- You are needed to create a new account. Click on the option and then paste the name of the account that you have copied by removing the * from the name.
- After this, you will have to first close the file and then open it again. Go to the chart of accounts option.
- You are needed to select the account and click on the edit option.
- After this, you will have to remove * from the name and then save it. You will see a pop up about the merge warning. You will have to confirm the same.
- Lastly, you will have to download all the transactions from the merged account.
Enable TSL1.2 Internet protocol
Another recommended method is to use the TSL1.2 protocol on your system. You are needed to go to the advanced settings in the internet explorer and then make sure that you have selected an option for the TSL 1.2. If you haven’t, you are required to mark the checkbox and then save it.
oslu 1013 error in Quickbooks is a common error that you can face while performing banking operations. It can stop further process and needs a resolution first. To maintain the smooth working of the Quickbooks software, we have come up with this article to help you resolve the Quickbooks error oslu 1013. We hope that the article was beneficial for you and you will be to resolve the issue. You may also reach our support team if you are looking for professional support with the issue.